Chapter 3

I sat down across from Daniel. He gave me a huge smile. That smile I've missed since he left.
We were at the end of the table and everyone else was having their own conversation.
"So Mads, how has Vancouver treated you" he spoke breaking silence.
"Wow 'mads' haven't heard that nickname since you left, but it's been alright" I lied.

"But how about you, you've been doing big things" I said playing with my spaghetti.
"I guess you can say that" he said

After we finished eating they decided to stay a little longer to talk.
"Mads, come over here" Daniel called
"Where are we going?" I said as he grabbed my hand and lead me upstairs. He didn't answer me but just kept walking.

We then got up to our favorite spot in the house. The roof. He helped me get up as you have to be careful to not slip.
"Remember we used to come up here to esca-"
"Escape the world." I said cutting him off
"Yea" he said with a big smile on his face
"I tried coming up here recently and it hasn't helped" I said
"Because I'm not here" he said wrapping an arm around my shoulder
"I guess you can say that" I said starring into his ocean blue eyes.

We both looked up at the stars, admiring the night sky. This reminds me of the day we met.

~flashback~
"Maddy! Let's go to the new neighbors house" my mom called. It was 8:30 and we recently got new neighbors.
"Coming mommy!" I said putting my doll down "I'll be right back I promise" I said to my doll.

I got up and ran down the stairs. My mom had cookies for the neighbors.
"Lets go sweetheart" my mom said. I held on her hand as we walked up over to the house next to ours.

My mom rang the door bell and a beautiful dark haired lady opened the door.
"Hello, we are your neighbors and we thought we would pass by to give you these as a welcome to the neighborhood" my mom said handing her the cookies.
"Hey thank you so much, would you guys like to come in" she asked
"Of course" my mom accepted. We walked inside.

"Kids come down the neighbors are here" she called. Then 4 kids came running.
"This is Chris, Tyler, Daniel and Anna" she said pointing at whose who and they all waved hello.
"This is Madison" my mom introduced me.

"Madison why don't you play with these four while your mommy and I talk over coffee" Mrs. Seavey said.

All of us kids ran outside and started playing tag. Daniel and I decided to hide in their tree house they had in their backyard.
"Dani look at stars" I said with my horrible 3 year old grammar.
"Oh my god" he said and we were both so invested in the bright stars above.
~ end of flashback~

"They are probably looking for us" I said
"Yea we should probably head back" he said
We both headed back inside and everyone was saying their goodbyes.

"There you kids are" my mom said
"Sorry we were on the roof" I said
"Well we are heading back, Daniel needs to rest before his concert tomorrow we will see you guys soon" Mr. Seavey said

I said my goodbyes.
"Bye dani" i said
"Bye Mads" he giving me one last hug before they were out the door.
"I told you he cared" my mom said as she went to clean up the kitchen.
"That's only because you invited his family over, I bet he wouldn't have even visited if it wasn't for this" I said leaning against the kitchen counter watching her clean.
"Madison, he cares so much about you, you guys are bestfriend and always will be" my mom said stopping what she was doing
"I guess" i said walking up to my room.

I decided to clear my head out and go to my keyboard. Music was also another a escape and whenever I need to get my mind off things I would just pick up my guitar or go to my keyboard.

I sat down infront of the keyboard not knowing what to play. When a song came to mind.

I've been coming home late night
I've been sleeping past day light
I'm waking up you're not by my side
Baby that ain't right
I wanna be there with you
I really do be missing you
Everything I do is for you
And I really do adore you
You're getting so big now
You're making me so proud cuz
You are such a star
And you know that you are
So every single little moment
I can't be there to hold your hand
I need for you to know that
Anything should happen, anything should happen
'Cause anything could, if anything should happen
Know that you'll be alright, know that you'll be alright

I heard clapping coming from outside. I turned around to see Daniel standing out on his balcony. I got up and walked to my balcony.
"You're still my talented bestfriend I see" he said putting a big smile on my face.
"I guess" i said
"How aren't you famous girl" he said leaning on the balcony railing.
"I don't know" I said following his actions
"You'll be there soon though I believe in you" he said
"I've missed you so much dani boy" I said

"I've missed you more Mads, everything reminded me of you and your happy, energetic self" he said looking up at the sky
"Is that so?" I asked
"Yes actually, I did so many thing me and you talked about doing when we were younger and I couldn't stand doing them without you" he said
"It's been boring here without you"
"How come?" He asked not believing me
"Everything has gotten worst" I mumbled
"What?" He asked obviously not hearing what i said
"Everything has been off without you" I said not wanting him to be worried about me.

After about an hour of talking outside we decided to go back inside and get some rest.

I laid in my bed and thoughts ran through my head. It's great having him back in town and I wish he could just stay and not have to go.

***

A/N: hey babes 💗 how has this book been so far? Don't forget to vote and comment what should happen next.