Chapter 10: Social hierarchy

I walked into the gym filled with girls- cause girls and boys athletics are held separately-eager for the period to start, so I wouldn't have to awkwardly stand around while everyone else conversed in their little groups, like always. I was alone this period, making me a walking buffet for anyone hungry for a self-esteem raise. As soon as I walked in everyone started whispering and pointing at me. Like they always do. What are they talking about? I'm not that interesting. The amount of people who stop their conversations to talk about me is insane, considering everyone calls me nothing. Bruh, if I'm nothing, why are you taking the time to talk about me?

  'Whistle noise!' (Sry, don't really know how to write that sound:D)

  'Tooooot' (maybe?, idk)

  Everyone gasped, including me, at the sudden ear piercing noise. We all turned to the source.

  It was a short but broad woman who looked to be in her early 30s. She didn't look very happy.

  "What are you all doing just standing around? Get in your lines!" She yelled.

  We were supposed to be lined up in alphabetical order but our coach didn't usually make us do it until the bell rang.

'Ring'

Everyone sprinted to their lines.

"Alright, coach Gonzales has been relieved of duty. I am your new coach."

  Relieved of duty?

  Okaaayyy...

  "First, for warm ups, 30 laps around the gym. Go."

  "30?!" One of the kids piped up exasperated.

  She whipped around and gave the kid a death glare. More than a death glare, an obliteration glare.

  Oh shoot.

  "No 50! Don't talk back to me!"

  "What!" The kid yelled.

  "All of you, 50, GO!" She yelled, then blew her ear piercing whistle.

  Everyone moaned but she gave the obliteration glare and everyone had a sudden urge to start running 50 laps around the court.

  After around 25 everyone started slowing down and getting tired.

  "Let's go! Faster, faster, faster! We've got things we gotta get to this period!"

  'Toot, toot, toooot'

Kids picked up their pace at the corner where she was standing, then slowed back down once they got far enough away. I always try to keep a steady pace so I never have to slow down, but apparently I wasn't fast enough for her, so she kept riding my butt about speeding up.

We're warming up! Why do I need to go faster than the flash?!

After around 20 minutes everyone was done with their 50 laps. I was one of the first ones done, as always, because the steady pace thing really works. When people start out sprinting their hearts out, by the end they're more lethargic than someone trying to out run a jack rabbit on steroids.

Ha, me and my analogies.

  "Okay you little brats, We're going to play a few games of half court basketball. One side will be nerds vs. jocks and the other will be princesses vs. weirdos."