Chapter 3

*       *       *  

       Lance suddenly couldn't breathe and he fell to his knees gasping for air. He bent over with one hand supporting him and the other clutching his throat as he began to cough up blood and what looked to be flower petals. The pain he was in was unbearable as he kept coughing for what seemed to be hours. Soon enough he was lying on the floor next to a pool of blood. 

        After a while the pain subsided and he was able to breathe relatively normally. He sat up and looked over to the puddle next to him and picked up a flower petal. He examined the blue floral leaf with concern. After surveying it he stood up, petal still in hand, and headed to the bathroom.

        He looked at himself in the mirror for a moment noticing how much paler and drained he looked in contrast to his tanned joyful self. Lance placed the flower petal on the sink before proceeding in washing his face and hands. After he was finished he dried himself off and went into the hallway where the puddle of blood lie reminding him of the immense pain he was previously in. 

    "What is happening to me?" He whispered in a raspy voice as he stared at the spill in front of him. "Well I guess I can't just leave that there." He murmured as he walked to a closet and took out a mop, a bucket, and cleaning detergent. After he finished he sat in the living room with his laptop searching up a diagnosis for his symptoms.

    About 15 minutes of searching later Lance came upon a website that described his symptoms. According to the site the illness is known as the Hanahaki disease. It is an affliction caused by one sided love. Although it can be cured through the process of surgery it is also said to erase the memory of the person who the patient was in love with, if not cured it will lead to death.

   After reading several articles about the disease Lance was in complete disarray. He wanted to go through with the surgery but not if it meant he would forget Keith. He shut his laptop and sat in the darkness of his living room with only his thoughts to keep him company. It was agonizing to think of what would happen to himself. After hours of consultation he came to a conclusion...

~

~

~

He wasn't going to forget him.

*       *       *