Chapter 5

*        *        *

        It was now 6:45pm and Lance was sitting on the couch thinking over his situation. He raked his hands through his hair trying to think of what to do. On one hand he wanted to go through with the surgery, but on the other, he didn't want to forget Keith.

         As he sat there miserable he looked out the window watching as the snow fell peacefully and smiled sadly to himself when he saw a couple walk down the street. The sight made his heart ache with sorrow because he knew he could never be with who he loved, just thinking about it made him cough a few times.

        About 20 minutes had passed and Lance still couldn't think of anything and decided to take a walk to try to clear his mind. As he walked along the sidewalk he noticed a familiar flower shop across the street from a popular bakery. He walked into the shop and the bell chimed alerting the two employees who were working.

     One of them was watering some of the plants towards the back of the shop, while the other was sitting at the counter reading a book. " Welcome, how can I help you today?" The woman who was previously watering the plants walked to the front of the shop. " Lance? That's strange you hardly come to the shop, to what do we owe the pleasure?" She asked as she set the watering can on the counter.

        The employee who was reading their book looked up at Lance " Hey, how's it." Lance walked behind the counter and sat at one of the stools then laid his head on the counter . " Allura, Pidge I really need some advice from you guys." he said with a shaky voice, Pidge put her book down and laid her hand on his back trying to be comforting while Allura put a hand on his shoulder. " Lance what's wrong? We're here for you." she said in a soft voice.

        Lance sat up and cleared his throat " Say you had two choices, save yourself  or the one you love. Who would you choose?"  he asked. Pidge sat up a bit and scratched her head " Hmm I'd most likely save the other person. What about you Allura?" She looked over to the taller woman. " I would also save them, i don't think i would be able to live without that person in my life." 

        Pidge looked back to Lance " Is everything alright Lance?" she asked worriedly. He stood up after thinking about Allura's response and didn't reply to her question " I gotta go but thanks for the advice." he said as he walked to the door " Bye." Once he was outside he noticed it was starting to get dark and decided to call an Uber instead of walking. When he was dropped off at home he paid the driver and walked into his house. He hung his coat and plopped himself onto the couch not bothering to turn on any lights.

       As he sat there in the dark he started to think back on their responses. He looked over to the clock on the wall, it was 8:56pm, and decided to call it a night. Lance started to walk up the stairs when his throat started to hurt intensely. 

   He staggered down a few steps as he kept gasping for air clutching his throat "... Not....again.."  he wheezed. He started coughing hard and fell backwards onto the cold floor.

*      *      *

Sorry this chapter sucked 。:゚(;´∩';)゚:。