A birthday special

Time: 12 midnight.

“Gabi na, I’ve waited for this one. Should I greet him or like say sorry for not attending to his party?” she thinks. Her phone vibrated and she saw a note that it is Gomz’s birthday already. “Hindi na nga ako naka-attend ng party, hindi ko pa babatiin. Besides, ire-regret ko lang din lahat after kung hindi ko s’ya babatiin.” She added.

She immediately unlocked her phone and started to think of what to text him. “Should I say na lahat ng gusto ko or magpapa-pansin muna ako?” she sounded funny trying to think all of those kahit alam naman nya (nila) na s’ya ‘tong magaling when it comes to writing and in giving good, sweet, and touching messages. 

“Hi pogi.” She said. She wasn’t sure if she’s going to send that text at first but she did then she asked herself, “San ko ba nakukuha lahat ng lakas ng loob ko ngayon?” then she smiled.

“Oh, wrong send ka? A is way too far from R you know. Hahahaha!!” he replied.

“Why? I always call you that ‘di ba?”

“Ha? When?” he asked.

“By always, I mean tuwing birthday mo. At syempre kapag natripan ko. J’

“I know naman na pogi ako eh why ba?”

“Your head is getting a bit larger again Goma. How’s the party?”

“Doin’ great. Madaming tao. You should have atleast attended the party for me. Andito sila Tita Susan, Tita Helen, Coco, Julia at iba pang cast ng Walang Hanggan. They are all looking for you.”

“Taping syempre…” she sighed. Gustong gusto na nyang sabihin lahat pero she chose not to “Para naman hindi namasira ang gabi nya because of me” she thinks.

“Well at least you remembered. You still have something to say? Aasikasuhin ko pa kasi ang ibang mga bisita.” He asked.

“Yes, there is. I’ll send it na lang. Unahin mo na lang muna saila.”

“Are you sure? Well, hihintayin ko nalang yung message. Sige, Dawn. Thanks!”

“Happy Birthday to my Marco! We may not be together for your birthday but you should know that I will always be here for you, no matter what. Love team nga dba? Hahaha! Have a ood one, ‘babe’!”

“Aren’t you going to wish me luck? May laban pa kami bukas, remember?”

“Ooppss, that’s my fault. I almost forgot. Goodluck sporty boy! We should practice playing golf again para naman matalo mo na ako.”

“I don’t remember you winning.”

“Yes, I did. Once!”

“hahaha!! Enjoy the rest of the night Dawn. You should take a sleep.”

The conversation ended just like that because Goma was busy that night. While Dawn fell asleep without even noticing it. She got tired, that’s why. In spite of the busy schedule they both had earlier, they still had the chance to talk to each other on the phone.

“Hey…”

“Dawn. You sound unsure.”

“Yes.”

“Unsure of what?”

“Of what I feel right now. Of what I should feel.”

“Whatever it is, you shouldn’t be. All you have to do is smile. It’s the second best thing your mouth can do.”

*sniffs* “Well yeah. You thinkso?” she asked.

“Oh, sinisipon ka? You should focus on your health a little bit. Hindi porket may personal trainer ka, okay lang ‘yan. You should also take good care of yourself too.” He, worrying, said.

“Yes, boss! I just… Nalamigan lang ako kanina, that’s why.”

“Kaya pala ang lamig mo din sakin” he whispered.

“What? I didn’t hear you.”

“Wala.” Pikon na sinabi ni Gomz.

“You sure? I heard you said something.”

“You really don’t remember a thing ano? Ikaw talaga. Pero kahit ganon, mahal na mahal pa rin kita. Hindi kasi kita matiis.” Habang sinasabi nya ‘yon ay ang laki ng mga ngiti sa kanyang mga labi.

“So akala mo pala namilutan ko birthday boy? Eh mas matalas pa nga ang memory ko sa’yo ‘no?”

“Really huh?”

Before Dawn could speak, Vivian interrupted her for a while and said “Excuse me Dawn, Direk needs you there. Be ready in two minutes. Okay?”

“I’ll be. Thank you Viv!”

Goma heard what Vivian said. Hindi naman nya gustong sirain ang taping just because of him. Hindi na nya pinagsalita at pinag-explain pa si Dawn.

“Oh, galingan mo ha? Dito lang ako. Ihahanda ko na rin ang sarili ko. So, is this goodbye for today?”

“No. I’ll be texting you later.”

“Hintayin mo lang ako ah?” nilapit nya ang bibig nya sa kanyang cellphone at sinabing “I love you babe!” then hangs up the phone.