Chapter 43

The whole hall was quiet. Staring at the merciless scores each and every judge gave each students one by one, none has yet to make it to the 40s.

"The harsh scores continue to rock the arena! Up next--!" Suddenly clasping her left hand over her mouth, the emcee of Hall B couldn't take the stinking smell anymore. With all the judges and everyone else inside the arena now covering their noses from the horrid scent, the ominous purple mist begin to flood the judging platform.

'It smelt terrible before, but now I feel like I need to die.' Pinching her nose, Rei finally pleas for death to take her body. Being born with an extremely delicate nose, just inhaling the air whole she cooked made her want to run away and never come back.

"It's Sadatsuka Nao's special jet black curry Iaksa!" With metal trays covering the dishes, Sadatsuka reveals every last one of them.

"Kill me," Rei can only manage to whisper out a desperate cry. Wanting to take one last look at her beloved spectator who came just for her, her eyes rolled back and her body falls down to the floor.

"It's hell!" Pinching her nose, Kawasaki's eyes seems to be bulging out. With the words DANGER clearing written and blinking up high on the jumbotron, everyone present also had their own horrid reaction. "We have hell on Earth erupting here in the arena!" Dark purple mist covers the whole hall. With very, few students, two perfectly fine, Rei was the only one who has passed out. "It's difficult to imagine that a gourmet food festival is being held at this moment!"

"Thai overpowering order... could it be?!" Finally realising what tell horrific smell could be, Kita continues to punch his nose and his head shots up to meet Sadatsuka creepy red eyes. With most of her face hidden behind her jet black hair, her lips are clearly seen with an overly eerie smile.

"It's kusaya."

"I knew it! How dare you use such a thing in curry, you idiot!"

"Kusaya," The next judge dressed in red finally speak up. With his two hands hiding his mouth and nose, his expression is still unreadable. "It's a famous dried fish from Izi islands. Saltwater in which fired fish has been submerged for decades, a bringing solution known as kusaya is used to flavour blueback fish such as sardines. The fish are then fired in the sun." Explaining a detailed explanation, he continues. "They are very pungent."

"Itsts something I especially made myself." With her smile on her face, she explains with her back hunched forward. "Using flying fish and mahimahi Nd my previous kasuya bringing solution."

"Zero points! Zero!" Standing up, Kita points to the witch like student in front of him."I've eaten all kinds of delicacies, but this--" Noticing a movement to his left, he came to a stop to see Orie bringing forth her chopsticks. "Are you serious?!"

"I am merely fulfilling my duties as a sponsor if the preliminaries." Picking up black stained noodles, she looks at it with a wanting to puke face. Never believing that she will do such a thing to begin with, she holds it to her mouth reluctantly.

Slurping it into her mouth, she chews carefully as everyone waits in anticipation.

"Ah!" Her eyes shoots open. "I--it's delicious?" Suddenly saying that out loud, the judges looks I've at her with shock. "But it stinks! It stinks to high heaven! Still, it's somehow delicious!" Picking up another bunch of noodles with her chopsticks, Orie couldn't help herself but continue eating.

"True aesthetics won't be found on prim, pretentious cooking. Tye essence of gourmet cooking can only be found in the pursuit of horror!" With all the judges now slurping her black stained noodles, she light out like a witch.

84

17|16|17|17|17

"Woahhhh!"