Congraduation

Jess's POV:

Well, graduation day is finally here. Alex and I are excited! We decided that once we each turn 20 years old, we'll have our wedding. Right now is way too soon.

I slide the side zipper on my strapless black dress and put on my black heels. I slip my graduation gown on and put my cap on. I put minimal makeup on and also my glasses that I started needing lately.

"Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah, babe?" He asks, putting his socks on.

"Do I look good with glasses?" I ask, a little bummed.

"Yes, baby. Why would you not think so?" He asks.

"Because I feel ugly with them." I say.

"Jessica Nicole Howell, you are NOT ugly. You hear me? You're beautiful just the way you are and that's why I'm gonna marry you in two years. I love you so much. Please remember that you are and always will be beautiful to me. I love you. So freakin much, Jess." He says, grabbing me by my arms gently and kissing me softly.

"Jess! Alex! Are y'all ready?" Mark asks from downstairs.

I go over to the crib and pick up AJ. I put him in a green and blue striped onesie earlier. I put his little light blue socks on and clip his pacifier onto his onesie and put his pacifier in his mouth. I put his little blue hat on his head and carry him downstairs.

"You ready to go graduate, babe?" Alex asks.

"Yeah. By the way, I think you should get a job so that we can get our own place after a while." I say.

"That's a good idea. I've always wanted to work in either the animal business or the tattoo business." He says.

"We'll figure it out later." I say as we head downstairs.

I put AJ in his car seat and we all head out to the venue for graduation. Alex and I are dropped off and the rest of them head to find seats after they park.

Alex lets me in the elephant room first and then he follows me in.

After a while of talking to people, we're told to get in line to head out to the auditorium. Alex is behind me and I blow him kisses and he does the same. Nikki is not far in front of me and Kyle is pretty far back.

We're told that it's time to go out to the auditorium. We walk in line and make our way to the seats. We hold our name cards and when our row comes up to the stage we hand the card to the person at the podium. They call my name and I walk across the stage and collect my diploma. I shake the principal's hand and walk down the opposite side of the stage.

After a while...

We go out to eat after graduation and I hold our baby while we are at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I notice he starts to get fussy so I grab the baby blanket he came home from the hospital with and lay it over my shoulder. I nurse him under the blanket as I eat my food.

After we eat out, we all head home. Once in the bedroom, Alex and I put AJ down for bed and we get ready for bed ourselves.

I clean my makeup off and put my glasses back on. My eye doctor says I have Astigmatism in both my eyes so I needed glasses. I scroll though my phone and open up the camera.

"Babe. Come here." I say.

He sits next to me and kisses my cheek as I take a picture.

"I love you, Alex. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." I say, cuddling into him after I lock my phone.

"I love you, too, babe. I wanna spend my life with you forever." He says.

I put my phone on the side plugged into the charger. I get under my blanket with Alex and cuddle him.

We eventually fall asleep and I dream about our future that night.