Wedding day and pregnancy

Jess's POV:

It's been 2 years since we graduated and it'll be our wedding day soon. I decided on a black dress and it's gonna be at a beautiful botanical garden. I can't wait for the big day! AJ is gonna be the ring bearer and my sister's daughter is gonna be the flower girl.

I get to the house one day and walk in the front door. We're renting an apartment until we get married. Then we're moving to California. I turn on a couple lights and set AJ down to play with his toys. I go in the kitchen and start making AJ's lunch. I put some turkey and cheddar cheese squares on a plate with some crackers. It's a homemade Lunchable. I put some grapes on the plate, too.

I bring it to his little table in the living room and set it down, then I go and sit with my laptop and drink a Pepsi.

I get a phone call from Alex so I answer it.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" I ask.

"Are you home?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just gave AJ his lunch. Why?" I ask.

"Nothing I just wanted to let you know that I'm working slightly over tonight. I'll be home at 9 instead of 8. We have a mandatory meeting. I didn't know until 20 minutes ago." He says.

"Oh, that's fine, Alex. AJ will be in bed by then anyways. My mom or your mom can always come help me if need be." I say, adjusting my glasses.

"Okay, Jess. I'll see you tonight. I love you!" He says.

"Love you, too. Bye!" I say and hang up.

I text my mom and see if she can come over.

Hey, Mom! You free to come over?

I'm already here! Coming up the stairs now!

I put my phone down and walk over to the front door. I open the door as she reaches the apartment.

"Hey, Mom. I didn't know you were heading over here already!" I say.

"I wanted to surprise AJ!" She says, walking in after I shut the door.

"Gwandma!!!" AJ yells as he runs into the hallway.

She picks him up and swings him around lightly.

She carries him into the living room and plays with him while I get some cleaning done. I sweep the kitchen and also mop the floor. I clean AJ's high chair and also the kitchen table. As soon as that's done, I go clean up AJ's room. I pick up all his toys and put them in the bin and make his bed. After that, I go into my room and remake me and Alex's bed. And after that, I go back into the living room and sit down.

I watch my mom read to AJ and smile a little. I slide the computer closer and dawdle on it for a while. At around 8:15, I make sure AJ is fed and his little teeth are brushed. I help him get his pajamas on and put him to bed. He's pretty good about having his own bed but sometimes he gets scared and wants to sleep with us.

After I make sure he's asleep, I turn on the night light and make sure the door is cracked. I watch him suck on his pacifier and cuddle his bear. I smile a little and walk to the living room.

My mom already left, so I clean up the couch and and turn off the lights and tv. I head to me and Alex's room and change into my pajamas.

"Ouch, shit." I say as I bring my pants up over my latest cuts.

Alex doesn't know about these ones. I've been super depressed lately and I have no clue why. I climb in the bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Alex's POV:

After I get home, I decide to head to bed as I've already eaten. I brush my teeth and change my clothes. I undo the covers and see Jess fast asleep. I wanted to have sex tonight but I guess not. I lay down next to her and wrap my arm around her. I feel something wet and look at my hand. I see blood on my hand, and I know that's not period blood. I look all over her and see she has blood on her pants. I peek through her pants at the top and see she cut. I wonder why. I thought she was doing good, but I guess not. I notice her wake up right then.