Chapter 9

(Sapphire)

"What do you think we're going to be doing?" I asked the group.

"I don't know," Naruto said. I looked around and saw a lot of interesting teams and weird people.

"Oh, man," I sighed. "I just want to go home!"

"I know," Naruto said as he sat up straight and smiled. "We'll get you there soon."

"Hopefully," I saw that Anko walked in front of a gate and breathe deeply.

"Welcome everyone!" She yelled to the chattering teams. They all shut up and looked at her. "I am the proctor for the second part of the exam. Here behind me is the Forest of Death! This forest is where you will be spending the next 5 days!"

"I knew it," I sighed. It's like the S-class wizard test, thing. I looked at Naruto and who hadn't noticed. I tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I'll stay out off the way. Whatever she makes us do, I'll just stay out of it all."

"You don't have to," Naruto tried to say comfortingly, but I could tell that he wanted to take it all on by himself. He's like Natsu, and it makes sense. They are a team and I'm an intruder to it all.

"Each team receiving a scroll," Anko continued, "It will be either a heaven or earth scroll. The objective is to get one heaven and one earth scroll. You have 5 days to get the other. Ninjas will come around to hand them out."

"This is sorta weird," I said to Naruto and Sakura, "This sounds like something out of a comic book."

"I know right?" Sakura said as she looked about. I was drawn towards Sasuke who was studying everyone intently.

"What's the matter?" I asked Sasuke as I sat to him, "why are you looking around so weirdly?"

"Don't worry about it," he said as he turned his head to the side.

"I already told Naruto this, but listen," he turned and looked at me. "We aren't a team, I know that. You guys are a team, I'm just an extension. I will stay out of everything, just try to communicate with Naruto and Sakura. They are the people who will have your back when everything goes bleak and you feel like throwing in the towel. I have a team like that. That's what this tattoo means," I pointed to my tattoo, "You'll regret not talking to them."

He looked at me and then scoffed.

"I don't want to go like this," he said slowly, he still wasn't looking at me, "my whole family was killed by my brother. I don't want to not talk to them. I find it hard. They don't understand me."

"And?" I asked. "My whole team has broken pasts and uncertain futures. Do you think we still worry about that?"

"I guess not," he smirked and looked at me. "Why are you so wise?"

"I don't know," I laughed, "I usually don't like giving words of wisedom. They don't work out so well. I either sound cliche or cheesy."

"Well," he started, but then chuckled.

"Well," I said again.

"It was pretty cheesy," he scoffed, "but it was pretty good. This is the longest conversation I've had in a while."

"That's a start," I laughed. He came back with me to where Naruto and Sakura was sitting. They were holding a white scroll.

This is surely going to get interesting.