thirteen

Thank you and sorry for yesterday. I don't want to cause you any problems again so I've left earlier. I've ordered breakfast for you and your younger brother and I've paid for it. Just treat it as a repayment for the dinner. I'll see you around.

Kim Joonmyeon

Hyunji found a note from Joonmyeon on the table alongside with two sets of noodles. She touched her lips slightly, trying to think properly, that why he had kissed her.

It was her first kiss and she had never expect that it will be like this. An unexpected kiss from someone that she had just knew for a few months and not even close to, someone who she has a little bit of feelings for.

After sending off Hyunjong to school, Hyunji went to the florist. As usual she was the first to be there, since she has to open the door of the florist.

"Good morning, Hyunji!" Jungyeon greeted Hyunji as she entered the shop. Hyunji grinned widely at her and said, "Good morning to you too, Jungyeon."

"That Kim Joonmyeon just called yesterday." Jungyeon giggled. "His voice is really soothing though, Hyunji-ah. So, how things are going between you and him?"

"Is there anything that will be going in between him and me?" Hyunji frowned. "Don't think too much about that."

"Really?"

"We ate dinner together for last night…" Hyunji said and paused. She suddenly thought about the kiss. She diverted her gaze away from Jungyeon and said, "that's all."

"It's just a start for it. I heard that he seemed to broke up already? You stand a chance now, Hyunji." Jungyeon winked.

"How do you even know that he broke up?" Hyunji frowned.

"Heemi told me that. She said that she saw you wrapping some striped carnations no long ago and she was shocked when she saw you did that. Striped carnations are the worst selling product in our florist because of it's flower language of break up."

"Yeah that's why I told you all before, florist is a place that actually gives hopes to people, and also sadness as well, just like the hospital. If someone tend to buy red roses, the person who receives it will feel happy but as for flowers like striped carnations and black roses, it's the opposite."

"Yeah." Jungyeon sighed. "Hyunji-ah, don't ever forget to tell me if you are with Joonmyeon-ssi!" Jungyeon said happily and ran away.

Hyunji just smiled at her figure which had disappear to the back of the shop and shook her head slightly. She held her chin with her hands and stared at the flowers blankly.

And, she's still wondering, what it is behind the kiss?