seventeen

"Jungyeon, get me a vase please." Hyunji called out for Jungyeon as she passed by.

"Okay." Jungyeon replied and went to the back of the shop, and took a vase for Hyunji.

Hyunji took off the wrapping of the flowers, and settle the flowers into the vase.

"Wow, who gave you these?" Jungyeon asked, watching Hyunji throwing the wrapping away.

"I suppose that you don't need to know about that." Hyunji smiled mysteriously at Jungyeon and said.

"White lilies. What is the meaning of it?"

"I thought that you had memorized them?" Hyunji sighed. "Virginity, purity, it's heavenly to be with you. That is the meaning."

"A beautiful one. From who? Joonmyeon?" Jungyeon guessed.

"Yeah." Hyunji nodded.

"Is he courting you?" Jungyeon raised her brows and asked. "That's fast, wow."

"What do you think?" Hyunji asked.  She had never expected that there will be a day like this. She admitted that she does has a little bit of feelings for Joonmyeon but this is fast.

"Well it's not even surprising. So you are together now?"

"Not yet." Hyunji shook her head.

That Saturday, after Joonmyeon told her that he wanted them to be together, Hyunji was surprised.

She told him that she wasn't ready for a relationship. For 25 years of living, she had never fallen in love. She had never been in a relationship. She is afraid of it. She is afraid that she will be left alone at the end.

Even though she is kinda sure that Joonmyeon wouldn't do that, but…not everything will go with her expectations too. Just like, two unexpected kiss and the unexpected confession.

"Aww…why?"

"Jungyeon, don't you think that everything is too fast? Just…how that he will fall for me not long after he broke up? My mind can't process all of these…it's just too fast for me."

"I don't know but probably because that you're the one who's always by his side when he is in his darkest days? Men usually fall for girls for this reason."

"I've never been in a relationship and I personally don't really believe that there is true love." Hyunji sighed. "Just why he has to confess at the time when I am starting to feel different for him?"

"Then maybe, you can try to be with him? I am quite sure that it wouldn't be bad though. From what I heard from you and seeing him visit our florist each time, he's a good man."

"Honestly I can't trust someone who hid his background from the very start when we know each other. It's like…I don't even know who he really is. We don't even know each other well. I don't even know his likes and dislikes and his personalities. What if he isn't a good guy?"

"You've worried too much." Jungyeon laughed. "I'm sure that he is one of the good ones. Remember? You once told me that you've never seen someone keep on giving flowers to their love ones. Believe me, Hyunji. The two of you can take time to know each other better in the future."

"Thank you for the advice, Jungyeon."

"Anything for you, boss." Jungyeon smiled and replied.