Chapter 1- The Letter Home

To Whom it May Concern:

(Part 2)

Have you ever seen the night sky? I mean on a clear, dark night. You know, when it looks like a bottle of glitter spilled across a black sheet? You know all those stars? The little sparkly things that couldn't possibly affect your life in any way?

Imagine another universe full of them. In fact, while you're at it, imagine an infinite number of universes. Some of them will have all of those sparkly stars. Some of them won't. Some of them will have monsters and magic and technology beyond our wildest imagination. Some will have things I can't even describe in my pathetic, arbitrary, human words.

 And some of them will have me. In at least one of them, I was collapsed in the farmland outside a strange city, trying to wrap my mind around what would have to happen next.

But that can wait a little longer. First, I need to explain a few things. I assume that if you're reading this, you read the whole first piece of this letter. You're aware of how my friends, a half dozen spirits, and I all traveled across the Auranian continent to talk the Domain's monarch Knox out of launching an attack on the peaceful country of Lagokia. You're aware of how that didn't really go to plan sometimes, what with my friend revealing her Domain ancestry, Knox turning against his boss, Shadow, and how the Lagokian king Orai lied to me. Remember? Orai said that I would be able to go home after I talked to Knox, but frankly going home without starting a war would be impossible. 

            I don't have to remind you of any of that, right?

Well, then, I'd like to tell you that my letter isn't a letter so much as a documentary. I've collected a lot of different people's opinions for this. Some I had to ask to be written specifically and some are straight out of old journals. (Few- if any -of these sources are unbiased, just so you know.) There are even some official documents I've found throughout my travels. This took a lot of time to put together!

What I wanted to say is that there is some bad news. That's that I don't know half the things I'd like to about Auranos, and you might not end up getting answers to all of your questions. I mean, I've got so much information here that you'll probably figure it out, but if you do, you're way ahead of me. Anyway- this isn't really the point of my story. Let me get started...