two

"how light carries on endlessly, even after death"

The next day, Thomas stepped into the school corridor with his head hanging down, a frown on his lips. He would still try to hide in crowds because he thought he didn't have the skills to be worth something. Well, that's what Thomas thought until he met Newt. He gave Thomas... confidence to finally shed some of his light into the world.

But now the brunette wasn't so sure as the blonde he was in deep love with had cut himself completely off. No texts, calls. Nothing. Thomas thought he was blanking him because of the sudden confession of love he displayed the other day. 'Stupid idiot.' he curses at himself for his mistake.

Thankfully, he could see the blonde talking to his former friends, his back facing Thomas. Even though Newt claimed that he didn't love Thomas, the brunette still believed that he did. He just wasn't ready to admit it yet. Strolling towards, he struck a stop when he saw what was happening in front of him.

The blonde has his arm draped around someone's shoulder, his pink lips kissing their neck. He hears giggles and laughter, which felt like knives piercing and twisting through Thomas' stomach. His legs felt wobbly as he tried to keep himself up.

In fits of anger, he marched up to the boy, eyes staring at him. People started to look as the brunette was only centimetres away from Newt. The blonde's friends has gestured that Thomas was there and he turned, eyes widening.

"Um, hey Tommy—" the boy started but was interrupted by a hand colliding against his cheek.

"What the hell, Thomas?!" someone yells as Thomas faces the girl Newt's hand was draped round.

It wasn't a lie, she was absolutely stunning. It all started to make sense to Thomas. He wasn't good enough for Newt. He has been nothing but a summer fling. He didn't know if he should be angry at the blonde or angry at himself for being so naive.

"How could you?" Thomas whispers at the embarrassed blonde, before tears fell down his cheeks as he runs off.

•••••

"Thomas, why did you do that?" Newt says, his breath quivering as he finally found the boy, eighteen minutes later.

"Why did... Are you kidding me, Newt? You pretended to be in love with me and then you suddenly throw me off? Who does that?"

The blonde could feel eyes on him as Thomas continues to yell at him, students whispering rumours. Newt didn't like attention and he felt very uncomfortable because of Thomas.

"Why did you just say that you were bisexual?"

"I'm not bisexual! Or gay! I'm straight." he finally yells, causing everyone to shut up.

He looked up to Thomas, his lips trembling as his brown eyes were red from crying. 'This had to stop. Now.'

"Thomas, I was never in love with you. From what happened, we were just hanging out as friends."

"But—"

"But I don't care! You're acting like a little fucker. You... you need to go and sort yourself out, you... you whore."

With that word, Thomas fell to the floor, knees throbbing and was probably forming bruises. He felt dead.

And the light of his life has continued on, just with someone else.

•••••

Holy god, that felt horrible to write. I'm sorry Tommy :( BUT IT WILL GET BETTER HOPEFULLY.

Faiza :)