eleven

"i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time"

- a year later -

"I can't believe that we're finally here."

The young couple both walk into the hall, hand in hand. They were dressed in all black, their long robes falling down to their feet with their dark mortar board hats positioned in a certain place. Thomas had fiddled with Newt's for the past half an hour and would be very pissed if something were to ruin that.

"Tommy, Newtie! Look at you cuties." a familiar redhead pops into their view with another girl by her side, their arms linked.

"Who's this?"

"This is my girlfriend, Camila. Remember Thomas, the one I told you about?" a smile appears on all their faces as the two girls share a kiss.

"Now come on! The ceremony's about to start!"

•••••

"Congratulations to the Class of 2017!" their headteacher yells as all of the students threw their hats in the air.

Thomas could see Newt from a few seats away. His heart burst with joy when he saw the blonde smiling, his laugh filling the brunette's ears. The only other time he had heard him laugh like that is when they first met, their toy trains crashing together, amusing the blonde. He was sure that Newt was perfect, no matter what anyone else would say.

Newt was breathless at the sight of Thomas. He adored all of the small features of the boys: his small placed moles, which Newt would connect the dots to, his hazel doe eyes which would have a fleck of gold running through every time he was excited. Dear God,  Newt was soo in love with Thomas, he couldn't remember a life without him.

"Hey Newt!" Thomas gestured him to come over, the blonde rushing over to his side as soon as possible.

He was stood next to Jace, which put the older brother slightly alarmed as he saw the two boys look at each other, a smile on both of their faces. The last time the two brothers spoke was the day after the whole confession, Jace upset but guilty of his actions:

"Where you going?" Newt appears into the corridor, Jace's back facing him.

"Away." the blonde spoke in a low voice, as if all the happiness had been sucked out of him and he was left exposed and vulnerable.

"Why?"

"You know why Newt! Because of you! Because of Thomas!" the younger one yelled.

He was now facing Newt, their faces slightly apart. One held their emotions with control and balance, the other was falling apart due to the anger and grief driven inside of them.

"It was you who ruined it, Jace!"

"I know! All I've done here is ruining things by hurting people, people that I care about the most. That's why I have to go."

Seconds later, the dirty blonde is engulfed into a hug by his brother, a warmth of love expressed. Newt stroked the hairs on his head, reminding himself of the memories they hold, being scared to let go.

"Be safe, please."

"I promise I will be."

"... Jace? What are you—"

"Well I couldn't miss your graduation now, could I?" a satisfying smile was there and Newt nods, indicating a thank you.

"Now come on! All of you squish closer, it's time for a photo."

He takes his phone out as Newt and the rest come closer, his hand sneaking round Thomas' waist. He hears the brunette laugh and they all smile for the photo, Thomas quickly and unannounced, places a sweet peck on his cheek.

"I'm soo in love with you, Tommy." 

"I know and same here."

•••••

awh they're soo cute! bless their souls and little jace came back as well.

three more chapters left!

Faiza :)