three

"with shortness of breath, you explained the infinite"

Whore. Newt, the person who Thomas was deeply in love with, had called him a whore. After those words, the blonde had left, nudging Thomas as he passed by. Slowly, people leave, some feeling sorry for Thomas but others agreed with Newt.

Thomas was labelled as a fucker and a whore.

But what really hurt was that Newt used that word. Thomas had never been in an intimate relationship besides Newt, he's always been scared of people taking advantage of him. He thought the blonde was different. 'Stupid idiot.' he calls him, his nails digging into his palms. He opens to find scars of his fingernails and silently sobs. Why did he make himself so vulnerable?

Unexpectedly, someone gently grabs his wrists and puts them down. He looks up to find the redhead who Newt was kissing earlier. She smiles, dimples forming as she fixes her position from crouching to sitting on the marble floor.

"Not to be rude... but why are you here? I'm in love with your boyfriend." the brunette whimpers, wiping his tears with his jumper sleeve.

"He's not my boyfriend, Thomas. Well, it's not official."

His head shot up, eyes widening. She starts to play with her bottom lip, you knowing that was a habit when she was nervous. Seeing you watching her, she laughs. Making you instantly laugh. Soon enough, both of you were giggling.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"Even though I'm now the school's fucker... you still act to care."

"Hey... I do care. Thomas... I'm bisexual and I have a girlfriend. Newt's just a cover. He's too scared to admit that he's gay. He cares about you, he just doesn't want to feel embarrassed."

"I'm an embarrassment?" Thomas starts to sob at the thought, he didn't want to hurt his Newt.

"What! No, he just doesn't know what people would say. He didn't want rumours spreading."

It all made sense now. His memory retrieves back to a certain memory in the summer, where Newt and Thomas were in his garden late one night.

•••••

11:11. They were both sat there, hand in hand, laying on the soft green grass and their brown eyes looking at the navy blue sky, white stars scattered everywhere. Instantly, a shooting star flies across, catching their eye.

"Make a wish, Tommy." as the brunette closes his eyes, smiling as he thinks of his wish.

"What did you wish for?"

"To be with you forever." he says, cosying closer to the blonde.

Newt giggles, a peaceful smile crossing his face as he kisses the boy's forehead. Determined for more, he grabs the boy by the hips and pulls him onto him.

"You're beautiful." the boys lean in for a kiss when they hear a familiar voice.

"Newt, honey? Are you home?"

"Crap. My dad's home, go out the garden door! There!"

•••••

No wonder Newt was so scared and panicked when his dad came home. He hadn't told him about Thomas yet. He hugs the redhead, both of them in shock. He thanks her for everything once again before leaving the room.

He needed Newt. And he knew just how to do it.

•••••

LIKE I WAS GONNA MAKE MADS A BITCH, NO WAY JOSE but yeah, it's not gonna be all poop for newtmas... or is it?

Faiza :)