NEW CHAPTER

"Hello there, (y/n)"

You turned around, digging your finger nails into your palms. The infamous voice was without doubt recognizable. Your eyes wandered along the puddles of water, not wanting to look up to the person before you. "I see you're going shopping" the male voice continued pointing at the money that was soon to be torn apart by your piercing nails. "Care if I join?", you harshly looked up to him only to be shocked by his appearance. His icy blue eyes cut into your soul like never before, slightly covered by the pitch black hair that fell perfectly on his bruise decorated pale skin. David was the most peculiar being, you two had been friends since childhood and you always thought that the two of you had something more going on. He gave you the random cute smiles, the winks, the 'ill pay',  and you two started dating. But his behavior changed drastically and you two shared a pretty rough past since that. You quit talking to him soon after your break up, knowing that this ship was not about to sail again.

"Not a chance" you abruptly said walking off, but not before shoving him out of the way with your overly tense shoulders. A sudden gesture was made and you found yourself walking with a unusually light feeling on your head. It hit you, your beret. You turned around, the corners of your mouth being pulled down, not by gravity. "Give it back, I'm not in the mood." at first he looked surprised, then his face changed to a laughing one soon after. "Christ, when did you get so serious?" he said giving you a mocking pouty face. His long face switched into a delighted smile as he looked down at your struggle with proudness. 

You tried several times to win back the beret, but there was no use. He was much taller than you, he had always been. His lean yet muscular form towered over you in a manner that was almost sinister. The warm, award winning smile that you once loved was no longer accompanied by his cheerful eyes, they seemed far more cold than they did the last time you met.

You stopped for a moment, carefully observing him. Caressing his skin with your graceful and at the moment harmless gaze. Indeed, he had changed. A lot. His plump lips parted, and it was as if you could see his breath leave his body for a moment. The sun shined from behind him, lighting up strands of hair making them seem golden. None of your voices could be heard in the city noise. Apart from it there was just silence separating the two of you. A cool breeze brushed you and he pulled his coat closed towards his turtle neck. 

"I have always liked to play with fire" you stated. He looked at you, confusion conquering other emotions. "It gets me high you know.. Don't put out my flame" you harshly grabbed your hat and walked off without giving him a second glance. For a minute all you could hear was his breaths getting heavier as the distance between you grew. Everything slowed down. A thick, familiar mist of god knows what burned through your nose. All the noise of the city vanished. The birds did not sing, no sound of gossip between friends or ex-lovers, no taxi cars splashing in puddles. Simple, heavy silence. Oh dear silence. If only it had lasted before his poisonous lips would form the most hurtful of words.

"Still I'm dripping gasoline"