Twelve•Gone

D E S T I N Y

After Ajax left me, Lee came over smiling. "Hey Destiny! Oo you have a sword in your thigh." I rolled my eyes. "Hey Eclipse!" I said just as enthusiastic. "Could you just-take it out." He nodded and muttered 'right'. After a while he had gotten the sword out and stitched my leg. "You have to stay off of this for a little while." I nodded as he handed me a piece of ambrosia. "Figured."

All of the sudden the battle went silent. I looked at Lee, we both knew this wasn't good. I tried getting up just to be pushed back down. "Lee! We need to go see!" I yelled trying to get back up. "At least give me crutches." I asked after another minute of him telling me I couldn't walk on it. He hesitated but agreed. He helped me to the top of the hill. I gasped at what I saw.

Ajax, Nova, Blaze, and Speedy were clutching at their throats, not being able to breathe. He put his finger against Ajax's head, when he took it away, he was grinning. "Destiny." He sang my voice. Ajax looked ready to kill him. His eyes met mine and they widened. Destiny! Get out of here now!

I shook my head, tears forming. Never. He seemed to want to yell at me, Destiny please. He knows about you, what you mean to me. Just please, get out of here!
He said, desperate for me to leave.

I was about to answer when End started talking, "Who is this, Destiny. Hmm?" He released them so they could breathe and they started coughing. "You bastard, stay away from them." Ajax choked out. He chuckled at him, "Oh I will, on one condition."

"What." Blaze demanded. He leaned closer to them and whispered something, pulling back, grinning. They looked to be having a silent argument until finally, Speedy spoke up. "We'll go with you." People gasped all around, the warriors and I all pushed through the crowd, running. I ran as best I could with my leg.

"No!" I shouted just as they disappeared. I heard Ajax's voice in my head, just before they disappeared. I love you.

I stood there, sobbing. "You idiot!" I screamed, frustrated. Finally, Parker and Charlie came up to me, and took me away. The monsters all left right before End took them.

There was a meeting right after. I had stopped crying, but everyone else was freaking out. I didn't have time for that, I was next in charge. We held the meeting at the dining pavilion, so the whole camp could be there. The gods, Chaos and Order, all showed up. I went and stood next to Order and Chaos. Natalie stayed seated with Amelia, who couldn't stop sobbing. I whispered something to Order and she smiled sadly and nodded before disappearing.

People looked confused before she came back with Amelia and Leo's kids. They looked around before running to comfort their mom. Natalie came to stand by me, putting her hand in mine. I looked up at her, we were both a mess. Natalie and Luke had been dating for almost as long as Percy and I. But we were the next two in charge. I straightened up and squeezed Natalie's hand as Chiron started speaking.

"For those who don't know why we called this meeting, End has taken four of the Warriors." The gods look shocked and my father looks at me. Him and Zeus knew that Ajax was Percy. "The commander, Ajax, second in command, Nova, or Zoë Nightshade. And the third and fourth in command. Blaze, or Leo Valdez, and Speedy." At Leo's name Amelia starts crying more, as well as their children. Everyone looks at her with sympathy, but most of them are crying too. Everyone loved Leo.

Chaos takes over, "We are in the process of figuring out where they are. We should know by tomorrow morning, we do not believe End will come back, unless we manage to get them. And we also figure, their powers will not be working. So they cannot just teleport back. For now, help with the injured, and the shroud burnings will take place tonight." All the campers left to help wherever they could. Once they were gone, only the three sectors of the army were left, along with the gods, Chiron, Chaos and Order and some of the campers that knew who Percy was.