Twenty Four•In Flames

I'm honestly confused about how I'm getting all these reads. But thank you for another 2k! And all the votes, it really means a lot to me <3

—•—
B L U E

Stabbing another monster through the chest, I look up at my now cleared way to scan the battle field.

It doesn't look too good.

One group of Army and campers alike are fighting a drakon, another a hydra. Apollo kids are swiftly pulling people from the battle and quickly getting them to the infirmary.

Just as I spot my brothers coming into the battle, I hear a high pitched scream.

Averting my eyes I look around, trying to find the source of the scream. Soon finding it, a little to the left of me, I run over when I see who made such a sound.

I drop down next to Amelia, who's sobbing and trying to help her husband. "Amelia! What happened?" I asked her, trying not to panic as I do my best to stop the blood rapidly coming from his leg. Leo was unconscious, burns on the right of his body going from his cheek to his leg, where the real damage was. I grimaced when I looked at it slightly, he's going to lose it.

Ajax, Delta, and Oreo had made there way over, having heard the scream too, them being not that far away. Amelia continued to cry, and with great effort, managed to sum up what happened.

"Greek fire."

Ajax quickly picked him up and made his way through the battle. The four of us were with him, Oreo and Delta clearing the way at the front while Amelia and I were at the back. She was still crying, silently now, but her obvious distress was now pushed back while fury took over.

We made it to the infirmary when I saw him. Parker. I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth. Oreo and Delta stopped too, along with Amelia. He was lying in a bed, he wasn't wearing a shirt due to the bandage that wrapped around his abdomen. His skin was deathly pale and face glistened with sweat. He looked awful.

I raced over to his bed, them all following. I took his hand in mine, just as Ajax made his way over from explaining to the Apollo campers what happened to Leo. Tears brimmed my eyes as I whipped my head up to my brother, who was at his other side. "Did you know?" I looked at the three of them, them all nodding.

"We were there, Delta and I haven't seen him before now though." His face was set in a frown as he looked down at him, obviously masking how truly upsetting it was for him to see our brother like this.

"Have you?" My voice cracked slightly as I looked at Ajax. He wasn't looking at me, but at Parker. "Yes. I brought him here."

"What happened to him?" I demanded, frustrated with what happened to him as a tear slipped down my face.

He looked up at me and sighed, "The four of us were the only ones covering the sea. We were almost done when it happened. Spear right through the stomach." I could see how much it pained him, just as it did the rest of us.

I felt Amelia grip my hand tightly, giving it a reassuring squeeze as I returned it. I took a deep breathe and wiped my tear. "We should get back." They all nodded and the three boys made their way out as Amelia and I stayed back for a minute.

Amelia turned me to face her, now holding both my hands as I let go of my brothers. "He'll he okay, Charlie." She smiled weakly at me, trying to comfort me. I smiled back and held onto her hands tighter. "So will Leo." She gave me a watery smile and nodded.

"Aren't they always." She choked out, us both laughing slightly. I glanced over at Leo's bed, seeing people working at a fast pace.

I inhaled deeply as I linked our arms together. "Come on Red, no time for being blue during a war." I joked, trying to lighten the mood. She grinned at me as we walked outside. "You too, Blue."