Part 2

My dreams are broken and fragmented, as pieces of a giant puzzle try to arrange themselves.  Faces, names and places fly though my dreams as I try to catch them to slow it down.  

Suddenly I find myself in a grove of Peach Trees which I can smell clearly.  This place is familiar to me, so I walk though the grove feeling very much at peace.  The scent is pleasant and I can feel myself relax as the sound of laughter drifts my way,  so I make my way towards it, and as I walk I recognize the laughter as belonging to Zhe Yan.  

My brother, the one I had forgotten and as he comes into view, I see he is entertaining guests.  There is a woman I have seen before, and another male.  They look like they could be siblings, but I can't tell from where I am, so I pick up my pace.  She is beautiful, absolutely stunning, and she is smiling at me.  I know her from somewhere, but I cant remember where.  The male too looks familiar.

"Mo Yuan, you're late." Zhe Yan calls out to me as I walk towards them, but the faster I walk, the less progress I make.  It seems as if I am going backwards, and I want to desperately see who the woman is, because she obviously knows me, by the way her excitement shows on her face when she sees me.  

And as I struggle to move forwards, her smile becomes a frown as she rises to walk towards me.  Zhe Yan too rises with a concerned look, before throwing a bolt of energy in my direction.  Suddenly I feel myself move forward with ease and the woman is almost in front of me.  

Those eyes!  I know those eyes, they smile even if her mouth doesn't move, they are highly expressive and right now she is looking at me with so much love. I too feel a closeness to her as we finally stand before each other. She takes my hand and gently holds it to her face, as I stroke the stray hair from her eyes.

"You need to hurry or it will be too late." she smiles up at me, but there's now a deep sadness in her eyes, as she continues to hold my hand to her face.

Suddenly it goes black and I lose her to the void of my dream which hurts, I want her to come back to me, and as I struggle to pick the dream up again, I hear someone talking to me as I begin to waken. 

____________________________________________________________

The boy is talking to me as I awaken, but I keep my eyes closed to listen, though I am annoyed at having lost the dream completely.

"Shifu, you have been gone for so long, I missed you so much, yet you don't remember me  and it hurts so much Shifu.  But I will stay with you and help you to remember.  My wedding won't be the same without you there Shifu, I need you, please remember me." 

He is now crying softly and I feel his hand take mine as he continues to cry against me.  I almost pull away but he continues to talk through his tears that I can now feel on my hand he is resting his face on.

"I have been engaged for 600 years now Shifu, but even though it is a Political Marriage, neither of us want it, otherwise they would have come to meet me by now."  He sniffs loudly against my hand then continues on.  "But now father is insisting I marry this person and their family too are pushing it to go ahead.  I can do nothing about it, even though I love another.  Even though I want to marry another."   He stops talking and just sighs deeply, but continues to cry softly.

I think about what he has told me.  A political marriage would suggest this boy and his marriage partner are from very high ranking families.  That means he is from one of two families.  The Celestial Tribe or the Fox Clan. I don't sense a Dragon in him, and going by his petite size, that would make him a child of The Fox Clan.    

Suddenly I see a very clear image of Bai Zhi in my mind, The Fox King.  So this child is his I wonder to myself as an old memory returns.  The Fox King and I were close, as brothers and this child was definitely his,  I can sense his essence in him now.