Part 5

I am back in the chaotic dark storm fighting my way towards a bright light I can see in the distance.  More pieces of soul that I had missed attach themselves to me as I struggle forward.  The girls voice is there again, and she is talking to me, calling me, and though I can't make out what she's saying, I can hear the fear in her voice as I continue to fight my way through the storm that is gathering around me and trying to force me back.  She is crying and her words are mumbled, but it is all I can hear as I find the strength to launch myself towards the light with every ounce of strength in my body until I finally find myself being pulled out of the dark.

Suddenly the sound of mens voices come at me.  They're discussing the blood in my veins and the clashing of two different strains of energy that is coursing through me.  I keep my eyes closed, because I want to hear every word as they continue to discuss the effects the blood is having on my body and my soul.  And as I become more aware, I realize the voices belong to Jun Ah and Zhe Yan. 

"He fed him for so long, of course there will be consequences."  Jun Ah says.  "Do you honestly believe he gave it solely to keep his body pristine." he asks.  What does he mean by that? I ask myself.  Who fed me blood?

Suddenly I feel a hand on my head, which continues down my body to push and prod at my chest.  "He's back." Zhe Yans says.

They immediately cease their conversation, but I heard every word and this time, I'm going to get some answers.

Slowly I open my eyes, and the bright light takes over my senses, as I become aware once again of being alive and in my body.  The light hurts my eyes as I struggle to bring them into focus.    Zhe Yan is bent over me and talking to me, but I can't understand him, the light is  too bright and it's causing my head to feel heavy, so I shake my head to try and bring myself fully back into the present.  Jun Ah is there too, and as I force myself to look at him, to see him completely so I can bring the rest of myself into awareness, he waves his hand over my face.  Suddenly the fogginess in my head lifts and I can see and hear clearly again.

"You gave us quite a scare Mo Yuan." he is saying, though from the expression on his face, you wouldn't know it.

"We almost lost you again." Zhe Yan adds, with fear in his eyes.

I look around but I can't see her.  "Where is the girl?"  I ask confused, I can still hear her voice from the dark raging storm calling me, but she's not here.

They too look confused, and Zhe Yan moves closer, his eyes have darkened and a deep frown is etching itself across his brow.  "What girl Mo Yuan?" he asks, then looks at Di Jun, who gives him an unfathomable look.

"The girl in the black storm, the one who was calling me out of the raging darkness.  It was trying to pull me back, but it was her voice that I could hear that brought me back.  That girl." I hear myself say in annoyance.  Why are they looking at me like that?  I sit up so I can get a better view of the room I'm in and who is with me.

"Mo Yuan, we almost lost you.  Your heart stopped beating, we thought you had left us once again." Zhe Yan tells me.

I already know this, the raging storm was trying to reclaim me, but I do remember the extra pieces of soul I had managed to gather while I was there, and with more memories attached, though not enough to form a solid grounding of my past.  I have a way to go, it seems, but I'm back, so I still have a chance.

Looking around, I realize I am no longer in the Celestial Palace, but what looks to be a small hut.  I can hear birds and the smell of blossoms assail me.  The same scent from my dream I realize as I turn to look out the window.    "What is this place?  I know this place." I say.  It does feel familiar, and not just from the dream either, but its a place I have been to before.  "Is she here?"  I ask now rising to stand.