Chapter 14

Ryan's POV

I sat on a log holding my metallic cup filled with water. It made the water taste metallic. It was a pretty interesting taste to be honest. Felix and I told my parents that there was an important journey we wanted to make so as of now, my mother is making us fitted armor out of hide, fur, and metal. She knows it's dangerous outside the town so that's why shes going to such an extent with making us armor. Of course, with the metal, its just the basic chestplate and a piece to cover our backs. She only has so much metal being a famor. Her husband, my father, is helping her make it at the forge. I wonder what a forge looks like. They tell me its really hot and dangerous so they don't let me near it either.  I took a sip of my water as i heard another arrow get stuck into the hay target.

"Yes! A bullseye!" Felix shouted in glee. He has been practicing shooting that bow for over two hours now and this is probably his seventh bullseye.

"Good job Felix!" I called back and I heard footsteps rush over to me. Suddenly, with my cup falling out of my hand, two arms wrapped around me, lifted me up and spun me around. I heard Felix chuckling as he set me back down. He stayed put for a moment before he pulled me into a sudden kiss. My eyes widened and i pulled back, covering my mouth as my cheeks grew hot as I blushed a dark red. "F-Felix.."

"Im sorry! I.. i just felt really rushed and i didn't- i-i.." i smiled and teached out to take his upper arm in my hand. I giggled a bit.

"Its okay Felix. I get it. You were really excited." I felt him move before he let out a sigh.

"Your dad made me a bunch of arrows.. it should last us the journey there.. and hopefully i can stock up at this... camp place. Your dad also made you a dagger, i see."

I reached down to my hips and placed my hand on the thick leather belt strap and slid my hand to the holster of the dagger. I then gripped the handle of the dagger. It fit perfectly in my hand. My dad used to be a smith but recently, he hurt his shoulder so he's on break. "He did." I smiled and poked Felix's chest. "Have you gathered food like carrots or something? We need to eat.. unless you think your good for hunting... and gutting and cooking..."

Felix chuckled lightly. "I think i can hunt and cook the food we can get. But i will collect food to put in a satchel.. you'll have to carry it though so i wont make it too heavy. Your dad is making me a sword in case i run out of arrows or my bow breaks."

I smiled. "I'm proud your learning how to do all this..." i trailed off with my smile falling. "I wish I wasn't blind.. i want to help you.."

Felix pulled me into a gentle hug. "Its fine Ryan.. I will be able to protect you. And ill be fine as well. Okay," he pulled from the hug, "I've got to collect food!" leaving me there to pick up my cup of spilt water. Its hot and i need more water. I then carefully went to the freshly filled barrel of water and scooped up some more into my cup. I gulped is down before getting more with a sigh. Tomorrow's the day we leave for this five day journey. Im nervous but excited at the same time. I almost feel sick.