Chapter 13

Felix's POV

I led Ryan throughout the town, asking around for informations about how people came here. Most of the people said that they believed it had been too long and they couldn't remember. Others said they ended up like us and wound up obtaining a home from the king. The king lived in a huge wooden castle just up the long flight of stone stairs. Well it actually wasn't that big it only looked that way from the outside since the building has tall ceilings. So, in our desperation to find out what's going on, Ryan and I journeyed the five minute walk up the stone stairway up to the wooden castle. It looked beautiful. Two guards on the outside loweres their swords pointing then at us buy as soon as I told them our business, they granted Ryan and I access. The king sat upon his tall wooden and stone throne. He looked down upon us as we walked up and he glared.

"What business do you having, disturbing your king at such early morning?" The king asked in a harsh deep voice. The voice was oddly recognizable. I've heard it before... But where?

"We apologize, your majesty, but Ryan and I come to ask a simple question."

"Go on." The king grumbled.

"We've come to ask how we came upon this place? Both Ryan and I have no memory of the place and-"

"Silence! Begone peasants! Leave my castle at once!" The king rose to his feet, taking his sword out while his guards did the same. "Begone!"

I grabbed Ryan's wrist and ran out of the castle almost stumbling on my feet "Wh-what the hell?" I gasped out once we were a safe distance away. "He's got to be the one holding our memories! That king is messed up! But.. How is he?"

Ryan, he stood across from me, and merely shrugged as he panted. "I'm not sure Felix.. Maybe.. Maybe we can find so-"

"Psst! Hey!" A voice called for them, interrupting Ryan. "Come over here and don't be noticed!"

Ryan grabbed my hand tightly, unsure of what to do. So I led him over. the voiced that had called us over was a woman. She had gorgeous long chestnut brown hair and strapped to her back was a bow and arrow set. "You two want to know what's going on? The "king", who is a demon, brought us here and trapped our memories. The reason why I know this is because I'm his daughter. There's not much time to explain so first off, take these-" The woman handed me the bow and arrows. "I'll meet you at a camp, just south from here. It's a four to five day long journey but you must go. I'll give you this map to follow but tread carefully. the king has soldiers lining everywhere outside his kingdom's walls. They will attack you. There's also bandits and vicious wild animals. Keep safe. go stock up on anything you will need such as food, water, weapons, potions; anything you can find and carry, take it. I know this is shocking and confusing buy trust in your skills and you will make it to the camp safely." The woman handed me a map before running off.

"Felix...?" I looked to Ryan and he had a worried expression. "What will we do? I'll slow you down and... Have you even used a bow before?"

"No. But I can practice.. And what other choice do we have? Either we stay and live a false life, or we go to this camp and try to get our memories back." I placed my hands on Ryan's shoulders before pulling him into a hug. "We can do this. I'll keep you safe. Maybe we can find a dagger for you to carry for emergencies." Ryan nodded and I placed a gently kiss on his temple. He Didn't seem to mind. "Let's get back to town and prepare ourselves." Ryan gave a nod and, for some odd reason, I felt the urge to kiss him. I held it back though.