Chapter Two- Yellowknifed

            Morning, and quiet, I feel a warm body lying next to mine, and I turn to see the boy who I saved from being burned to death, and the boy who saved me from god knows what those crazy people would have done to me.

            His eyes fluttered open, and they were dark, but the rest of his body was lightly shaded, and his face warm, and inviting.  He stood a head and a half taller than me, his hands where big, and so were his feet.  Much bigger than mine, and he looked to be maybe the same age as me, or maybe he was younger or maybe he was older?  I was not sure.  I assumed if he could open his mouth to talk, maybe he might tell me.

            He looked at me blinking his eyes, and I could see as he tried to stretch his mouth again like he did last night, but the stitches were still in there, sewing his mouth tightly shut.  He reached into his pocket and grabbed out a knife handing it to me.

            “What?” I said looking at him, and he took his hands and pointed towards his mouth.

            “I can’t,” I sobbed, and looked away.

            He grabbed my hand, and looked deep into my eyes, almost pleading with my sanity to do it.

            “Ok, fine, but this is going to hurt,” I groaned, and he nodded his head in understanding.

            I slowly cut the right side of his mouth open, and there was blood all over my hands, and I started to tear, and he did not move an inch.  Bravely I cut the rest of his mouth open, and then he took both his hands and bulled the string out from his mouth.

            Taking his tongue he wet his lips, and then looked at me, and reached for my hand taking the knife and placing it back in his pocket.

            “Thank you,” he said in a gentle tone.

            “You are welcome,” I replied unsure of why his mouth was even sowed shut in the first place.

            “What is your name?”

            “Amanda,” I replied.

            “Amanda…” hmm… “That is an

unusual name,” he smiled.

            “Oh…” I frowned, and then looked

him in the eyes, and asked, “What is your name?”

            “My name is Michael,” he replied.

            “Michael, that is a strange name,” I began to laugh.

            “Well it is not a strange name where I come from,” he said.

            “Amanda is not considered to be a strange name where I come from either.”

            “Where do you come from?” Michael asked.

            “Fort McMurray,” I replied.

            “Where is that?”

            “It is in a place called Alberta, where we are right now,” I laughed.

            “We are not in Alberta,” Michael replied.

            “Then where are we?” I asked curiously.