22.

phil tugs me out of the car and pulls me towards him. when i get out of the car i notice that we're on the middle of a heavily wooded area. trees surround us at all angles and the colorful leaves on the ground crunch beneath my feet as i walk in sync with phil. though it's technically still autumn it's freezing outside. i tug my jacket up a little bit and look over to phil who's staring at the trees as he walks.  i expect him to drop my hand when he feels me approach but he never does. i try to ignore the warm tingly feeling in my finger tips as he tugs me closer to him. even after a couple of seconds that feel like an eternity the tingling feeling is still present, more so even. despite the cold i can feel my hand burning against his touch.

"you really like skin to skin contact huh?" i ask wiggling my hand that's in his tight grasp.

"i guess i do that a lot. im sorry, im just a really affectionate person even when I don't mean to be. i tend to accidentally be overly physical with people. i just think that if you can feel a person you can really feel the person ya know? like you can feel their hand shake if they're angry or feel it heat when they're happy. i don't know, maybe im just weird." phil says slowly, he begins to pull his hand out of my grasp but I tighten my grip.

"i think that's a sweet of looking at it. and besides i also think it's really cute." i say without even thinking. when i realize what i just said i steal a glance over at phil, who's cheeks are bright red and is coughing to cover up the obvious redness in his cheeks.
i smile to myself in satisfaction because for once im not the one who's blushing, well i am, but this time im not the only one who is.

"uh just a little more this way." phil tugs me forward a little bit faster. i chuckle to myself, already feeling my spirits beginning to lift.