34

It has been 15 days since we're back from our honeymoon and since then Kashif has been acting a bit wierd. He's treating me right, but its just that he's being secretive. Now I know that he's been keeping a lot of secrets from me, but still something doesn't feels right and even though he assured me that he'll tell me when he's ready, but now I've just lost my patience, so I have decided to find it out myself.

Everytime he gets a phonecall and if I'm in the same room as him, he leaves the room. At first I thought nothing of it, but then one day I heard him talking to someone and declaring his love to that person on the phone. Now I fear that there is someone else in his life and he doesn't loves me anymore. I tried asking him without getting him suspicious that I've been eavesdropping, but he assured me that there is no-one else other than me

Moreover, from last week he returns early everyday and then as soon as 4 o'clock strucks he gets ready and leave, telling me that its work related, but I doubt that it has anything to do with work.

Today he asked me to be ready by 8 in the evening as there is a charity gala that we have to attend together. He told me that there will be a lot of business men there and some mafia members as well, so I have to be careful.

I have now about three hours to be ready, so I take out a very beautiful black gown and start to get ready, but not before fixing myself a little sandwich so that my tummy can be satisfied.

At exactly 7:45 p.m I descend downstairs with my clutch in hand and see Kashif at the end of the stairs with his phone in his hands, not paying attention to anything else. I also see a hint of a smile on his face, and instantly feel jealousy getting the better of me, so I pretend to cough a little to gain his attention. He immediately looks up and instantly slips his phone into his pant's pocket as if caught off-guard.

I step down the last step with a tight smile on my lips. "You look gorgeous." He tells me with a genuine smile on his face and kisses my forehead. "Thank you. You look good as well." I reply and then we're off to the gala.

The ride to the gala was silent. As soon as we reached there, the paparazzi surrounded our car. Kashif got out first and the held a hand out for me. I grabbed his hand and got out the car.

Soon we were inside the safety of the banquet and Kashif led me towards some of the men standing in front of us, talking. The next whole hour or so was spent mingling with the business associates and my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. But, during all this hour I felt uneasy, I felt as though someone was watching me and it gave me creeps because when I looked around, no-one was there. Well, after an hour of smiling we were finally alone and I sighed. Thank God! No more people to meet now.

"You tired?" Kashif asked looking concerned. "Yeah!" I replied. "Okay then let's go." He said smiling. "What about the event?" I asked confused. "Its okay we just had to make an appearance and we did it so now let's just go, we'll eat somewhere out. Its been long since we got some time to ourselves." He said and I smiled cheerfully. "Let's go to the McDonald's." I said eagerly and he chuckled. "Okay we'll go there, but I don't understand why you like that place so much."

I was about to reply when we were interrupted by a beautiful lady, wearing a blood red sleeveless gown, which had a long slit on one side showing her slender leg. The gown was so skimpy, it left nothing to imagination. She placed a hand on Kashif's shoulder. As soon as Kashif turned around and saw who it was, he stiffened beside me.

"Long time no see darling." She said with a smirk on her face. "Natasha!" Kashif said coldly and I was completely and utterly confused. Who wa this lady? Why did she call Kashif darling? I was interrupted out of my thoughts when she said in that sickly sweet voice of hers "Won't you introduce me to your new little wife baby?" What the hell was wrong with this woman? Why was she calling my hubby nicknames. I really wanted to strangle her right now. Like back of bitch he's mine! "I hope she knows about me and our little secret Kashif. She must be knowing it right?" And there she goes again. Wait! What? What does she mean by little secret? What is she talking about? Who the hell is she?

"You better not start this Natasha." Kashif growled. "Stay away from my family." He warned. "Ooo!  I'm scared Kashif. You ruined my plans and now I'll ruin your family. You better watch your back Kashif! You better watch your back!" She exclaimed angrily and left immediately. I was just standing there like a dumb. Thousands of questions swarmed my mind. I wasn't brought out of reverie until Kashif grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the banquet and towards the car.

The ride to home was filled with tension and uncomfortable silence. Neither Kashif spoke nor I. I had thousands of questions in my mind like who was she? What was she talking about? What little secret they shared? And most importantly what relationship did they both have? Was she the woman Kashif was in love with? Or was she somehow related to Kashif's past? All of the answers to these questions were with one person, and that one person was in a lot of trouble once we reached home.

Hey Guys! 

So I'm back finally! 
And I'm really sorry I really don't have any excuse for not updating. I was being lazy and school and I had a huge writers block. I wasn't really feeling inspired to write, but now I'm back and I'm hoping to finish it as well.

I hope y'all are excited for the next chanpter as everything will be revealed in it. The next chapter would be updated after 30th May as my exams would be over.

I also request you people to please pray that I ace my exams because I feel like I did not do good this time. So please please please pray that I get good grades.

So, your thoughts about this chapter? 

And Ramadan Mubarak to all the Muslims here.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

Thanks

Love y'all