✠XI✠ ~ Reminiscential Elegy ~

Reminiscential Elegy I

"Link?"

"Link!"

Was that (Name).. ?

How strange, why does it sound like her voice is getting distant? I can't move from my place, as well. After taking down the vessel who, in other words, is the princess-a strong force held me in place. I couldn't move, nor can I speak. I watch as visions of sorts flew past my eyes, and before I can process whatever is happening to me, my vision blackened.

I'm certain that I'm feeling cold, and a second later, warm. Everything is dark and I couldn't see a thing, I try to grab something. But there was only never ending space. A searing pain weaved itself through my head, it's so painful! It's as if something is getting forced inside my mind. Before I knew it, colours began to swirl around in various areas. Morphing into places that I took notice of as a forest. A minute later, I watch as the scenery get created. Presently, I'm standing in a dark forest. It was the dead of night, the moon is up in the sky and everything seems to be in solitude.

Why am I here?

Where's (Name)?

I frantically try to grip the weapon that I know is behind me, but it's not there.

How can I defend myself?

Deciding on traversing upon the trail, I look around in curiosity. Normally, inside a dark forest with no source of light and no weapon will freak me out. But this place seems comforting. Despite having no lantern, the forest is lit up, basked underneath the soft rays of the moonlight. I can perfectly see the area around me. I don't know how I got here, but I assume that taking down the vessel might have something to do with it. There was a strange orb after I destroyed the vessel, perhaps it was the so called 'discarded emotion' (Name) spoke of. Nonetheless, I need to hurry and escape.

I tried pinching myself to see if I'm only dreaming, but it only hurts like hell. By then, I was starting to panic. Come on Link, you can do this. You have a land to save and a girl to wake up. What's up with me getting transported to places so randomly? Then again, everything happens for a purpose.

!

Maybe this is the next place? It doesn't seem too good..

Not long after, I begin to hear.. sounds. I don't know, but my senses are heightened. I stepped to the side, my eyes piercing through the trees to see a running girl. Coloured lights of red, orange, and yellow are following behind her. By then, I noticed that those were flames. The girl ran closer, her (c) hair whipping behind her. Her eyes filled with unspeakable horror and fear. My eyes widened in realization.

"(Name)!" I call out in relief, boy, I'm glad to see her safe. But I wasn't expecting this to happen.

She passed through me.

I gasped in shock, my hand ghostly hovering over my chest. How.. My answers weren't at all cleared when a group of villagers ran past me, too. Torches and weapons of sorts gripped in their fairly calloused hands as they shouted profanities, running after the girl. I can only stare in bewilderment as I follow them.

Why did (Name) appear so suddenly?

My walk turned to a sprint in not less than a second, the unusual urge to witness what's about to happen skyrocketing. I am sure that I don't know why, but I need to see what'll happen.