Chapter 7- Letters

Stars pov

I stomped off to my room and found a piece of paper and a pen.

I sat on my bed and thought about what i was going to say and put pen to paper-

To marco

They are sending me to st Olgas, my mum said they had discussed it, but i found out my dad had no say in it whatsoever, he doesnt want to send me.

My carriage is picking me up at 9 tomorrow morning, Im going to find a way out of it though, im not going there.

Hows your egg? What did your parents say about it? Ill make sure to send you letters even if i have to go to st olgas, ill sneak my dove in there somehow, maybe you can help me keep my sanity.

From Star.

I reread my letter.

"Hmm i should change this," i bit the top of my pen.

Love from star

"Thats better" I nodded to myself and went to fetch my bird.

She was sleeping on one of her perches.

"Hey wake up little guy." I spoke softly to her and she woke up and chirped at me.

I held my finger out to her and she obediently stepped on it, i didnt like taping it to her leg, i always put the letter inside a bottle and tied it around her neck, my mum always said this wasnt following the tradition though.

"Take this to marco please." I tied it around her neck and she flew out my window.

I always wondered how she got to earth.

Marcos pov

I sat by my window waiting for stars letter. 

"Marco, what are you doing?" My mum came and sat by me.

"Oh, waiting for stars letter."

"Well your not going to find it in you window, im sure it will come through the post soon enough, come down for dinner."

I small dove flew to my window ledge with a bottle tied around its neck.

"Here it is." I let the bird inside and she sat on my shoulder.

My mum looked shocked "Ok, tell me when your done." She laughed nervously and rushed out of my room.

I rolled my eyes and opened the bottle.

There was a piece of paper that was wrapped up in a red bow, like a scroll.

I opened it and read.

A few minutes later i picked my head up and looked at the dove who was sleeping on my shoulder.

"I cant believe they actually sending her there." I spoke my thoughts aloud.

The dove cheeped sadly like she could understand me.

I stroked her head and began writing my letter on a piece of paper which i had left on my window ledge ready for when i was going to reply to her letter.

Dear star,

I cant believe they are actually sending you there, Please let me come with you, i told you, i will tell my parents i am going off to a study week and we'll bust you outta there. You can live here till the year is over, and about Toffee, He wont know where you are right?

The egg still hasn't hatched ive left it on my cabinet, my mum said we could keep it and she was quite happy about me having a pet now that your gone, something to keep me company. But, how do i train it to carry my messages to wherever i want them to go?"

Love marco x

Perfect i said to myself and tried to push the letter as neatly as i could into the bottle.

"Go on then." I opened my window and the dove flew out.