chapter 3

After lunch, LP thanked the doctors for the meal and decided to explore her new home. 

"I just hope she doesn't run into anything suspicious." Cosmo said to himself, watching the girl leave.

LP walked along and heard eerie, faint opera music like a stereotypical hospital. She then saw padded doorways and looked up to see glowing red letters reading: Terminal Ward. Cosmo told her not to go in, but something was telling her to go in anyway. She opened the doors and saw a big cage like Miracle had locked her in earlier. She didn't see a giant bird though, she saw someone strapped inside. "Oh, my Lord..." she said slowly and dramatically.

Inside the cage was Brad Majors. He was strapped to a wheelchair and his mouth was covered. His eyes widened behind his glasses and his hair looked fairly messy. Though it was muffled he managed to make a sound that sounded a bit like 'Little Precious?'

LP walked over and she put her hands around the cage bars, gripping to see it was indeed Brad. "You're not a bird!" she pointed out. 

Brad looked at LP, his eyes still wide. Would she add to them hurting him? He was sure she wouldn't, but he didn't know anymore. 

"Why... Why are you in there?" LP looked around the cage. "You're not an animal.........You're not an animal, right? You kinda look like a fish when your eyes get big....and you smell like trout... Are you a fish, Brad?" 

Brad shook his head the best he could. They must've sent Little Precious to make him crazy.

"Well you need a bath," LP giggled like a child. "I'll try to get you out, I actually liked you and not Janet when you guys came to see us."

Brad's face relaxed in gratitude. He would go and find Janet and get out of here. Of course he'd thank Little Precious first.

LP looked all around the room to look for a key. "Where's the key? Where's the key? Where's the beautiful key?" she sang as she was looking around.

Brad blinked slowly. He really wanted to be out of the cage. 

Just then, Laura walked in the room with Ricky. "Oh!" the nurse rushed over and ushered LP out of the room, heading toward the girl's new bedroom. "You shouldn't be in there."

Ricky shut the door, following them. He looked very nervous to see her inside there even when Cosmo and Nation specifically told her not to. 

"What's going on!?" LP asked, wanting to know why she wasn't allowed. She begged and pleaded to go back, but Laura and Ricky wouldn't allow it. 

Laura looked at LP and sighed. "You aren't allowed in there. It's the rules, little one. Stay here, please."

Ricky nodded in agreement.

LP sighed as she was pushed around to stay out. She had this trouble back home, if she was seen in the lab back home, Frank would severely punish her in a very unimaginable way. He would even find out when she would be in there when he was away sometimes and have toys left behind since she wanted to make the lab a play room and she didn't have any real friends. 

"You can't make me stay!" LP whined, wanting to go. "I wanna see what's going on around here!" She was held down by Laura. "Let me go!"

"We'll let you know what happens, but you're not allowed to go into that room." Laura said, in a soothing and worried voice.

Ricky looked at them, then back to the door, cautiously.

LP whined then went to her room, not protesting. She laid back in bed, staring at the ceiling. "I'll see you guys later then..." she said, bundling herself comfortably.