chapter 5

LP was lying upside down on her bed watching the taping for the show before with Brad and Janet arguing and not getting along like she remembered them when she met them. The Earthlings weren't talking sweetly and comfortably to each other anymore, only bitching in the kitchen. She then heard her name being called, and she jumped to her feet, doing a flip out of bed and looking around. The voice sounded familiar. "Miracle?" she wondered as she left her room to look. She tip toed past Cosmo and Nation's room and went to the front of the station and saw her friend. "Miracle!" 

Miracle gave a surprise hug to the Transylvanian princess. LP enjoyed the surprise hug and patted her on the back with a smile. Miracle wiped her teared eyes as she had to do something she really didn't want to, but Frank told her to. Cosmo and Nation heard the ruckus and came up to the teenage girls.

"Little Princess, what on Earth is going on?" Cosmo asked, once he saw the girls.

"It's my friend, Miracle, I told you about her, remember?" LP said, showing off Miracle like a prize. "Miracle, you remember Cosmo, I think you have a crush on him." she giggled.

Miracle looked at him, her eyes showing how weary she became, though her face had a small smile and slight bush. "Yes, I remember..." she murmured.

Nation smiled slightly slyly at her brother, but soon the smile soon turned very motherly toward the girls. "How about we go and have a drink and talk?" She hoped that her suggestion could perhaps would help coax Miracle and tell them why she came unexpectidly.

"Come on, I'll get you a seat." LP gently took Miracle's hand to get her rested. "You look like you've been struck by a ghost or something. What's wrong?"

Cosmo glanced at Miracle, feeling odd around her as well as she did. He smirked and rubbed his face as he felt warm suddenly.

Miracle looked at LP, then glanced away. How could she start without worrying LP, or scaring her? "Promise you'll keep calm?" she asked quietly.

"On my grandmother's grave." LP promised, putting her right hand up with a smile.

As they talked, the McKinley siblings shared gestures together. Nation gave Cosmo a teasing nudge as they walked to get the drinks. Cosmo murmured to his younger sister to keep her quiet, darting his eyes at her. Nation chuckled quietly and pressed her lips together to tease Cosmo.

Miracle took a deep breath and gave a tiny smile at LP's statement. "Vell..." she carefully told the story of what had happened. She carefully tried to not go into too much detail, she made it seem like Frank just scared her so much, which was why she looked like that. She wouldn't allow LP to be hurt by the truth of what had happened. 

LP nodded slowly to show she was paying attention. "Daddy can be pretty scary, sometimes I miss him, but sometimes I'm glad to be away from him. Sometimes I wish I could be with my own mom..." 

Cosmo smiled as he came with drinks. "Anyone care for refreshments?"

"Water for me, Cosmo." LP smiled at him, brightly.

"I told you Little Princess, you will call me Dr. McKinley." Cosmo said, strictly.

"And I told you my name is Little Precious." LP looked away from him, shutting her eyes smugly.

Cosmo froze at her statement and rolled his eyes. 

"A bit of juice, please, Dr. McKinley." Miracle asked, feeling nervous. Plus, she only shouted his name as she didn't see him and she was almost extremely shy about calling an adult their proper name to their face, and he was handsome.

"Of course, you can call me Nation." Nation said, taking her tea. She didn't want to pressure LP to call her 'mom' unless she wanted to. She did chuckle though at her retort to Cosmo's words.