chapter 10

"Well, shall we get ready for you to go see Frankie now then?" the Queen asked once she took one last extra serving of chocolate cake for dessert. She wanted to be well fed so she wouldn't feel forced to eat Magenta's cooking. Whenever she'd come visit Magenta would always make a feast for her, but the Queen had to admit, Magenta was a rough woman, but her food wasn't good enough even for an Earth dog to touch. 

Annette dabbed her mouth clean with a napkin and smiled happily. "Delighted to, your Majesty."

"Oh, wonderful, come with me!" the Queen gushed, hopping from her spot and walking sluggishly to carry her fat legs to her son's home to invade his privacy and welcome him to the dangers and wonders of arranged marriage. 

Annette almost seemed to float with how smooth her walk was. Her eyes went distant but a pleasant smile was on her face and a hum that wasn't louder than her breathing could almost be heard.

The Queen saw the small servant trying to reach the button to send them away. She rolled her eyes and pushed him out of the way. "Move it, I know what I'm doing." she stepped inside, cramped. "THIS THING IS GETTING TOO SMALL!" 

Annette blinked as the servant was pushed. She gave a quiet giggle as she had saw it as a game of 'push the butterfly people'. When the queen climbed into the space where they stood to be transported she (netty) was pressed into a corner.

The small servant stepped out to make sure they were safely inside. "You all ready to go?" he asked.

"Yes, yes, get on with it, small fry!" the Queen demanded.

"Yes ma'am, have a safe travel." the small servant pushed the button, sending Annette and the Queen away in a beam of light. 

Annette closed her eyes at the bright light. She didn't open them and looked around "this doesn't look like a castle..." she said quietly, and a little more high-pitched in nervousness.

"Oh, please, it's merely-" the Queen stepped out and looked around. "Say.... This isn't my Frankie boy's place! It can't be! Francois Nestor Furter, you better not have lied to me again!" she growled, looking around for the right diirections. It looked nothing like she remembered if it was the right place.

Annette stepped out too and played with a lock of her hair. She saw a tv and gave a soft exclaimation. To her it looked like one of the viewing monitors used to call people from, but to the normal eye it was obviously not one. She glided over and tried to get it to work.

"Maybe this'll know where Frankie is." the Queen suggested, looking at the monitors. She pulled some switches, but nothing happened and one of the screens she tampered with went to static snow. "Oh dear, I think I've angered it."

Annette looked at the queen as she said this. "These are quite tempermental your majesty..." she sounded a little annoyed with the 'monitors'.

Suddenly the high back chair turned around, a man sat there looked mad, his hair slightly mussed due to it seeming he must have been snoozing. "How dare you break my Televisions... Who are you and how did you both get in here anyway?!" he shouted, standing up and storming over to the two women.

The Queen turned to him, glaring. "Who do you think you are and why are you in my beloved son's home uninvited in such clashing attire!" she demanded, growling at him. 

Annette looked at the man with wide eyes. Her lips parted in shock and she stepped back.

"Look lady," the man glared at the Queen. "This is my office in my TV station, I am Farley Flavors, and I demand you tell me who you are and what the heck you're doing here!?" he shouted. How dare these strange woman come in and break his things in his office. However the younger one was quite pretty and he found himself wanting her. He grabbed Annette's arm assuming they were mother and daughter. "Tell me or I'll get the girl sent to prison." he threatened.