|16| • |🍕|

"This food's great, Mrs Kang. Thank you." Jae smiled politely as he bit into another slice of pizza. "I haven't had pizza since I got to Korea."

"I'm glad you like it. I haven't made it in ages." She returned the smile. Brian's dad scoffed, mumbling something about cheating with Jae. "So what do you do, Jae?"

"Well, I've just finished school and recently got a job in a restaurant, though I want to be a musician." Jae answered, making sure to be as formal as possible. He could guess that Younghyun's parents were very different from his own.

"A musician? Wow, you'd make a lovely boyfriend for Mina." She suggested, just as the young girl walked in the room.

"Pardon?" Mina looked astonished as her eyes drifted for her mum to Jae. "Uh, I've never even met him before. Hi."

"Hey," Jae already recognised the young girl from Jisoo's lockscreen. It was Wonpil's cousin's girlfriend, "nice to meet you. Say, you have a friend called Jisoo, right?"

At the mention of that name, the whole table fell silent. Brian was giving Jae a 'shut up' look. Mina nodded slightly, glancing over to her dad, who had his fists balled up.

"That girl is a waste of oxygen." He muttered.

"But she's really nice. She bought me a coffee when I left my wallet at home." Jae insisted, grabbing a forkful of pasta casually.

"She's scum."

"Dad!" Mina stop up. "I'm not having this argument again! It's 2018! Wake up!"

She stormed out of the room, leaving everyone at the table in yet another uncomfortable silence.

"That girl is such a bad influence on Mina. I should have known better than to let her into my house." The dad continued to grumble, and Jae noticed Brian tense up again. "She's going to turn my daughter gay."

And that's when Jae understood everything.

"I should get going. My mum will be worried if I stay out too long." Jae suggested, finishing the last bite of his pizza.

"Why are you in such a rush all of a sudden? You're not one of them are you?" It was scary to Jae. Younghyun looked just like a younger version of his father, so this looked like it was his own boyfriend glaring at him.

"Them?" Jae asked naïvely, his voice raising an octave out of nervousness.

"Those awful, scum sucking fag-"

"Dad!" Younghyun stood up, glaring daggers at his father. "I'm sick of hearing this. Its the same every time. Yes, Jae is gay and so am I. This is my boyfriend, and if you can't handle it then you're the scum sucking fucker here!"

The silence that followed lasted an eternity, yet nobody wanted it to end, because they all knew exactly what was about to happen as Brian's dad stood from his seat.

Jae flinched as he expected the man to punch him or Brian, but instead, he walked past and towards the door.

"I have no son." He opened the front door. "Leave. Now!"

"With pleasure!" Brian took Jae by the hand and pulled him towards the door. Since he was always cheeky, Jae turned around to Mrs. Kang one last time.

"Thanks for the pizza Mrs. Kang, it was delicious!"

The astonished lady watched as the two boys left her house hand in hand. What on earth had just happened?

○●○●○●○

JaebyBaby:

Hey ma

So uh