Balanced Fear - Part 17

Your POV

You woke up to notice yourself sleeping on Sans. You really didn't mind since you both were really good friends. You stayed put in your place. You don't know why, but it seemed pretty satisfying. You turned to look at Sans, and he was sleeping soundly in his place. You smiled at him, but you quickly noticed that Waterfall was weird. You looked up, but no water was dripping. The echo flowers were too quiet. You would also hear the Temmie cats singing in their place, but there's no sound. Just Sans lightly snoring, and you thinking. You stayed close to Sans, you didn't want to leave him alone nor leave by yourself. You still didn't know what Sans would do if something popped up and grabbed you. You looked around and you saw the figure again. This time, it was holding a scythe like it was at the bridge. You saw it's shadow behind the flowing waterfall. You tensed up and clenched onto Sans's leg. You closed your eyes, and opened it again to see if it would leave.

"Chara was right. This is fun." You hear a voice say.

You opened your eyes, and the figure wasn't there. You started to panic, so you turned your head and spotted the figure behind Sans.

"Who are you?!" You looked at the figure in fear.

Still, you didn't budge. You wouldn't let the figure do anything.

"I am darkness, your fear. I'm impossible to leave." It chuckled.

"I'll tell you my name later.. But I have something I need from you. If you won't give it to me, then you will pay the consequences."

"We have to talk later. My time is running out. See you soon, Y/N." The figure then disappeared with the darkness.

You didn't know what just happened. You were thinking of all the thoughts in your head. What does this figure want from you? You then felt movement. You looked at Sans and he sat up. You quickly got up from his lap noticing you were there. He just let out a chuckle.

"Morning, kiddo." Sans then winked.

You pretended to be fine. You didn't want him to worry about you or have any part of this. You would most likely get him hurt. You don't know what this figure is capable of.

"Good morning." You let out a smile.

"So how'd ya sleep?" Sans patted the area next to him for you to sit.

"Pretty great." You sat.

"How did you sleep? Still feeling tired?" You examined his eyes to check if he was gonna lie.

"Yep, I slept fine. What's with that look?" Sans raised an eyebrow.

"What look?" You responded.

"Why are you looking at my eyes like that?" Sans let out a smile.

"Nah, I was just checking if you would lie." You then got up and dusted the dirt you had off.

Sans then got up too. "So I make a great pillow, huh?"

"SANS!" You made a pout face at him.

"What? Does it really mattress that much?" Sans laughed.

You rolled your eyes and let out a small laugh.

"Hey, we should get back to our house. Papyrus could be really worried. We weren't there last night." Sans took out his hand.

"What are you taking out your hand for?" You raised and eyebrow.

"So we can teleport, duh." Sans responded.

"Let's walk there. Come on... We're not in a rush, plus you'll get more tired than walking there. We can also talk more." You said.