JA Part 5

Part 5:

"NK... I need you to say the truth. Is there any chance for Khushi to know that patient?"

NK tried hard not to show is shock and fear in his face.

"No... Doctor... I don't think she knows him"

"Then, why did she react like that? And what is that sugar levels?"

"Sir... whatever she said about that is completely true. Her father crossed that situation when he met with accident few years back. But for her bad, he didn't survive for long. She was very much close to her parents. When they died in car accident she couldn't take that news for long. She is very much disturbed and scared that time. Still she is scared of fast going vehicles. If she sees any accident or any patient in emergency, she will react like this. She was in some trauma. We consulted a doctor there. After we brought her here also, we took her to Dr. Jayson, which he suggested some course of medication for her. And he assured us that she will be fine after sometime and she is perfect for doctor profession. But he suggested us to keep her away from accidental cases for time being. That's why I requested you to give her duty in children's ward. It helped her a lot. She is far better than what she was. After a long gap, she saw an accident case so she again remembered her parents. That is why she became panic and reacted the way she shouldn't. I'm sorry for that. But trust me doctor, she is far better. She took very less time to come back to normal state. This is a very good sign as Dr. Jayson said" said NK. He know whatever he said, it is the truth behind Khushi's medication. "If you still doubt her, you can ask Dr. Jayson about her health condition" he added.

"No... No... I just want to know why she reacted like this. But I never expected, behind her smile she hide this much pain. Poor girl. Now my doubts got cleared. Hmm NK... do one thing... you be with her. She may need your help in attending that patient. You are like her brother, so she will be comfortable with you. Ok... I'm relieving you from other duties. You both take care of that particular patient. Am I clear to you?" said Dr. Alex fully convinced after hearing NK's confession.

"Thank you so much Doctor... thanks a lot... I really wanted to be with her. Thanks a lot. And I will make sure that we both will take care of that patient. Thank you once again" said NK with a smile crept on his face

"You can go now" said Dr. Alex

****************

He almost ran to Khushi, to tell her what happened between him and Dr. Alex. He knew Khushi will be waiting to know about this. He knew his doll. He slowed down after seeing Khushi outside ICU. He didn't know what she is doing here. She should be inside the ICU with her Arnav Ji.

"Doll... what are you doing here? Why aren't you inside?"

"I'm waiting for you Bhai... I'm scared to go inside alone. I don't know how I will react seeing him. What if I hurt him in the process of expressing my fear and pain? I don't want myself to cause pain to him. At least, not for now."

"Pagal... Why will you hurt him? That is the last thing you can do for him. Ok leave it. Come we will go inside" he dragged her inside the ICU where Arnav was kept.

Khushi entered with wildly beating heart. She is panting badly. She looked at NK, who assured her to carry on but not before saying

"Don't forget about Arnav Ji's safety. One mistake from our side, it will affect his life. So, we should take care of that. If you want to talk with him, do it as you does with other patients. Ok? Is it clear?"

Khushi nodded her head to assure NK, to take care of her Arnav Ji. He pushed her little towards Arnav's bed. He stood near the door while Khushi moved to her life – her Arnav Ji.