Ch.1 (New start)

You are sitting in your room, finishing your Calculus homework when your mom calls you down stairs for dinner.
Mom- "Gaby, dinners ready!"
Gaby- "coming mom!"
You close your book put your calculator away, and run down the stairs to quickly smell the aroma of home cooked spaghetti and meatballs. You enter the dining room and see everyone already sitting, ready to eat, and looking at you.
Gaby- "is there something wrong?"
Mom- "yes, that's what we needed to talk about." "Eric, would you like to tell the girls?"
Gaby- "tell us what?"
Dad- "no, you can do it"
Alissa- "oh my god I don't care who tells us, I just want to know.!"
Your sister is a little impatient and immature, but she is only 14.
Mom- "ok, so the company has offered me a job, it has double the pay and offers more flexible hours to fit my schedule."
Gaby- "ok, so what's the problem?"
Dad- "the job is in California."
Gaby- "CALIFORNIA?!?"
Mom- "I know it seems like a drastic change, but Miami and California are very similar!"
Alissa- "wait, so we're moving to California? Sweet!!"
Gaby- "are you serious? I don't want to!! I can't, I just started junior year and I actually like my school, and my classes."
Dad- "And you will like your school in California as well."
Gaby- "what school am I even going to?"
Mom- "Granada Hills Charter High School."
Gaby- "ugh, I'm gonna go upstairs."
Dad- "but you haven't finished your dinner"
Gaby- "I'm not hungry!" You say as you rush back up the stairs.
Omg I can't believe this! I literally just started junior year, and I'm actually happy at my current school and now I have to start all over?!? Ugh, this is terrible. You hear a knock on the door.
Mom- "honey can I come in?"
Gaby- "no"
Mom- "well I'm gonna do it anyways. Listen, I know it seems bad now, but I promise once we get situated in California, you will love it even more than Miami."
Gaby- "when are we leaving?"
Mom- "we are leaving next week."
                                    -One week later-
It's been a week. You've said goodbye to all your friends, packed all your bags, and are heading to the airport. As you sit in your car, you reflect on how amazing your life has been up to this point, your 16 years old and have done so many great things. You hope that your life over in Los Angeles is equally as good as it was here in Miami.
                                     -5 hours later-
Your flight has landed in California and you are desperate to get off this plane already. You go through all the lines and baggage claim, and head to your new house. It's about a 20 minute drive from the airport but once you get there you are amazed at the size of your new house.
Gaby- "woah!! How come you guys got this huge house? It looks like a Mansion!"
Mom- "well, didn't I tell you I'm getting double my usual pay?"
You walk in to your house and take a look at it. It has  four bedrooms, an office, and a movie room, not to mention it also has a pool in the back as well. The first thing you do is unpack all your stuff and settle in. Once you do that you decide to look for the nearest chipotle to grab something to eat with your sister. You hop in your car and drive around for about 10 minutes until you arrive at your destination. You get off at chipotle with your sister and get in line to order. As your in line to order an attractive boy comes up to you and introduces himself.
Jojo- "hey girl, what's your name?" he says with a cute little smile.
Gaby- "um, my names Gaby." You say with a giggle.
Jojo- "well gaby, I think your really cute, and I'd love to get your number."
Gaby- "ok here give me your phone." You give him your phone and he gives you his, you exchanged phone numbers, give each other a hug, and go home. The whole car ride home you thought about him, he was so cute, but there was something about him that just looked so familiar. You couldn't put your finger on it. Oh well...