7

"Kaleena Christopherson!" A voice booms threw a large metal box. Kaleen takes a few steps forward, slowly. This is the start of our individual sessions.

"Well this is it I guess... this is our fate." Bin claps his hands together once, and watches as Kaleena takes her last steps in confidence toward the steal door that will conceal her. If she has any talent that she kept a secret, these doors will keep it a secret. Of course, if Kaleena had any talents, they would be a secret. Her and Elphelbie both. Neither of them can throw a knife more than three yards because of their skinny arms. They cant even start a fire with a pile of straw and a box of matches! Like I said, if they had any talents, only them, their mentors, and maybe the other tribute from that District would know. The only reason they have even a slight chance in winning, is because they are pretty.

The doors slam shut behind her, and nobody will ever know what is going to happen next, besides her and the Gamemakers. Maybe the two Victors... Bin was saying how this will determine our fate.... well, its true. If you get a really high score, you will be targeted. Low score, considered weak. High score, wanted as an ally. Low score, considered weak. I don't want a high, or low. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter... everyone in the room knows what I can do anyway.... I stumble back at the thought of being targeted in the arena. All of those blood thirsty tributes, either trying to kill me, or Bin. Kidnap me maybe... I sure hope not. The Gamemakers harming, or even killing us if the Games get boring...

"Are you alright?" Bin asks as he grabs my arm to support me. "You've lost all of your color Ariel. You dizzy? Sit down." I nod my head a few times and follow bin to a bench attached to the side of the room. My fever is gone, but I have post-symptoms, like nausea, dizziness, extreme headaches. He sits me down, but I immediately run to the bathroom. He follows, and stands behind me, blocks me from other tributes as I hurl what is left of my breakfast. I stand up, shaking and sweating. I look over Bin's shoulders and catch Cato's eye. He looks at me, concerned. He starts running toward me and meets Bins back. Bin turns around and questions why he is so close to me.

"She is sick because of me! I have to make sure shes okay..." Cato starts.

"Well shes fine. Now, go away!" Bin yells.

"She sure doesn't look like it." Cato points to me and raises his eyebrows.

"She doesn't want to talk to you Cato." Bin tells him. Cato takes one look at me, shaking, pale, sweating, and sick and starts to turn around after sighing. He runs into Sein. Sein pushes his wavy dark hair out of his face and straitens his shoulders.

"Doesn't want to see you huh? Oh too bad! Didn't say anything about me." Sein tries to push past Bin, only to be grabbed by Cato by his neck. Bin turns around and punches him hard in the skull.

"You either." Bin says as Sein hits the ground. Bin and Cato look up at each other and do something I thought I would never see in my life... ever.

At first they smile... then they start laughing together!

Cato looks at me, still smiling, but it quickly fades when he remembers how sick I am. I give him the biggest smile I dare, trying not to create another horrible headache. His smile is so full of happiness, and caring that I almost give him a hug. Almost. Cato turns around, laughs once, and walks away, kicking Sein, making him groan. This causes us all to laugh. Bin picks me up and carries me back to our bench and we wait.

We wait.

And wait.

Hear Cato be called in.

Wait.

Wait. Wait. Wait some more.

Lay on Bin.

Run to the bathroom, throw up.