16

I wake up the the sound of three cannons. "No!" I scream. Cato grabs my shoulders and tells me that everything is going to be alright. But I know its not. Bin is dead. My best friend. My hunting partner. My lover. Dead. "Hes dead! Hes dead Cato!" I screech.

"Ariel it could have been Sein, Kalinna, and the boy from Four." He tells me.

"No! Bin wouldn't kill all three of them! Because then we would have to kill each other!" I yell before getting up and looking around outside hysterically. Its just barely dark. The anthem should be sounding anytime soon... I turn around and pace back and forth while sobbing, Cato keeps trying to grab me to calm me down but I don't let him. And then I hear the anthem. I run outside and look up to the sky and the first face I see is Sein. I let out a sigh of relief that it wasn't Eevie. Then I see Kalinna's face. And then Bin's. I gasp and fall to the ground.

"No!" I scream. Something strange happens after this. In the sky is a video of what happened. It shows Eevie sneaking forward and retrieving some supplies from their pile, making sure not to touch any of their traps, then it shows Kalinna throwing herself on top of Eevie, and Eevie shoves a knife into her stomach, and kills Kalinna. Larr comes barreling out of the trees to make sure Eevie is alright and that's when Sein sneaks up behind Bin and attacks him. Bin and Sein struggle for a second, tumbling out of the trees and Bin eventually gets a knife to slit Sein's throat. Now I am expecting Zane to come out and kill Bin. The only person I liked over there to kill him. But that doesn't happen. What does happen is Larr walks over to help Bin up, but shoves a spear into his heart.

"I need to get Eevie home. Even if that means killing all of you." He tells Bin. Eevie screams and charges at Larr, eventually getting him off of Bin. She sits with him and holds his hand while he dies.

I throw myself forward sobbing hysterically and grab my things. I turn around and Cato grabs my arm. "Where do you think your going?" He asks in a stern voice.

"I'm going to find Thresh. And kill him." I say.

"Now you know that you cant do that Ariel! Hes much to powerful!" He yells.

"Well I have the same thing going for me as my mother did for her!" I grab an arrow and wave it around right next to his face, "I will find him and climb a tree. Simple as that!"

"No Ari-" He tries to pull me back into the cave but I use the top of my arrow to give him a small puncture wound above his wrist and he pulls back reflectively and I make a mad dash for the woods. I search for hours, waiting to kill Larr, but its Larr who kills me. He appears soundlessly behind me, pulls out my sword quickly and shoves it through my lower back. I gasp as I feel the blade cut into me, and let out a horrible sound that describes my pain perfectly as I feel it make its way out of me slowly. I turn around and look up into Larr's eyes.

"I knew you would look for me." He says. I hear Cato making his way threw the trees quickly and Larr puts a finger on my lips and slips behind a tree. Cato bursts threw the trees and I scream his name, tasting blood in my mouth.

"Go Cato! Find a place to hide!" I say as loud as I can manage. He focuses in on all of the blood and his eyes get huge. He lunges forward and grabs at me, only pulling away when I winse. "Get out of here Cato. You can still survive. Get out will Kalinna. Get out with Eevie. Please dont die for me Cato. Hes still here!" He turns around, but still holds on to me. I feel like he is the only thing keeping me up, and I hope he doesn't let go, because I will fall.

He turns back around to me and says, "Hes not here anymore, I think I scared him off."

"No, no, no," I whimper, "He put a finger on my lips, telling me to be quiet, and then hid. Go Cato."