Epilogue

I can't get rid of the butterflies! I get to see Bin again! I get to see his dark eyes, and his perfect lips! .... I get to go hunting with him again! When I see him, I'm sure there is no holding us apart. Nobody will be brave, or stupid enough to keep us apart! Two of the three victors from the first Paylor Games!

What Cato said last night... He told me to just fifer about both of their feeling for a while. Until the soon to be war is blown over. I think it's because one, or both, of them could die anyway...

What will Bin think of this? How can I hide my feelings for him? This whole thing is going to blow up in our faces anyway, Bin and Cato can't control themselves! Cato has already kissed me this morning! When we first got on the train, he pulled me into the kitchen and hugged me, he whispered, "We're going home," in my ear and kissed me full on the lips. I pushed him back and just looked at him, startled. I then walked to my room and here I sit, on my bed, fiddling with a string bracelet.

I did what I was told and wore only simple clothing. Effie made a big deal that I still looked nice though. My prep team put a little makeup on me, illuminating my face, Nuddel found me a pair of stylish jeans and a see through top with decorative patterns. I have a tight, plain black tanktop underneath. That's all pretty comfortable, but the heels he has me in, are not how I wanted to walk around town and cry with friends and family.

I swing the bracelet back and forth, careful not to whip myself with it. What am I going to say to everyone? 'Hey guys! I'm back from my raging slaughter rampage that was forced soon me! So glad to see you guys! Oh, no! I won't kill you! Yea, I promise!' Ugh! What if they don't welcome me back? What if they hate me?! What if Cinnia and Flicker are scared of me? I couldn't bare that...

"Ariel?" Cato knocks on my door.

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?" he asks.

"I don't know Cato, you might tell me not to eat dinner because it's poisoned, but secretly, you might be planning to poison me tomorrow!" I yell at him, referring to the kiss. He told me to just forget, and what does he do? He goes and kisses me the next morning!

"Ariel, I said I was sorry," he pleads.

"No, you didn't," I snap.

"Can I please come in?" he asks after a while. I don't answer, so he just walks in. I stare at him. "I'm really sorry."

"I-I just don't understand why you would tell me to forget if you are going to force it on me in the morning!" I yell at him.

"I'm sorry," he repeats, more quiet this time.

"Ugh! Cato! You are so frustrating!" I scream into my pillow, which is now covering my face. He waits a second before sitting down next to me and pulling off the pillow.

"I just couldn't help it," he whispers, "When have I ever had the chance to talk to you without Bin close by?"

"In the training center before the games," I hiss.

"You hated me then," he says.

"Why would I stay with you if I hated you?" I sigh, pulling the pillow over myself. "I think, I think it would be better for everyone if I just smothered myself right now," I say, muffled into the pillow.

"Don't talk like that," he pulls the pillow out of my grasp. I grab the blanket pushed down at the bottom of my bed and throw it over me, my face included. I don't want to look at Cato right now, it upsets me. Of course, him loving to push me, climbs under the blankets, his face only inches from mine, his breath smelling like oranges.

"What do you really want?" I ask.

"I just came to see if you were okay," he says softly, stroking the side of my face.