14

As soon as I am in one of the four tents I am practically attacked with questions. "Who attacked you Ariel? Are you in an alliance? Can you run?"

"Um..." I whisper, pretending to be a shocked, hurt, clueless girl. I am trying so hard not to burst out laughing from Sein's stupidity. Of course I am in an alliance! Why wouldn't I be?

"Can I see your weapons Ariel?" Sein asks.

"No!" I yell. I realize that, that was a bad idea. "That was the only way I got away..." I start fake crying again.

Sein grabs my shoulders, "Oh, its okay Ariel. Every things okay, you don't have to give me your weapons..." He starts, "What attacked you?"

"I don't know what it was." I whisper. "Some mutt the gamemakers created.

"Well, there hasn't been any deaths sense the blood bath, maybe they just had to spice things up a little. Don't worry, it will be over soon." He tells me. I nod slowly. "Are you in an alliance Ariel?"

I ignor his question completely and say, "Two people died this morning. The boy from Seven, and the other girl.."

"Ruvin is dead?" he asks, shocked.

"He tried to kill me..." I don't talk about the part that Eevie killed him, because I dont want him to know that I am in an alliance.

"It doesn't make any sense..." Sein starts. "Ruvin was part of this group... We are all trying to get you home alive."

"Maybe the games just got to him..." I whisper.

"Okay, its getting dark, you should go to sleep. You can have my tent, and I will sleep in Ruvin's." Sein tells me.

"Okay." I sigh.

"Do you have food?" He asks.

"I have plenty." I reply. Sein starts wrapping up my wounds with bandages, and medicine, then takes all of his stuff out of the tent to leave room for mine. I pull out my sleeping bag and fall asleep almost immediately.

I wake up and have to jump out of my tent quickly. It is way to hot in the tent with the sleeping bag. "Good morning." I hear one of the boys say.

I look and I see that it is the tall boy from District Eleven. "Hey," I crawl away from my laying spot. "I never learned your name."

He smiles at me, "Ky."

I reach out and shake his hand, "Nice to formally meet you Ky," I start, "I will be leaving now." I smile at him, grab my stuff and start walking away.

"No! Your not leaving us!" He yells. He grabs my arm and pulls me close to him. "Please stay. You will be safe here, Sein, Zane, and I will kill everybody, then I will kill them and you and I can go home together. Just you and me. We will be some happy. All you have to do is stay. With me." He says. I try pulling away from him, but he is very strong and it is almost impossible. I manage to pull out the knife that is in my belt, but not before he kisses me. He kisses me hard on the lips, and his arms are hurting me they are so strong. I try pulling away from his kiss, but I cant, so I take my knife and I stab him in the side.

"No." I answer. "I will not go home with you."

"Shes right." I hear Sein say from behind me. He walks past me and grabs me for a second. "Are you alright?" I nod. He takes my sword from me and stabs Ky threw his stomach. I gasp and fall backwards. He takes pleasure in killing him, he doesn't do it quickly. He twists the sword around inside of him for a long time, then slowly pulls it out. Then he takes my knife from the floor and stabs him in the neck. Blood is flowing from his body like a hose, and he should be dead. But he isn't, and Sein intends to make his death as gruesome as possible.