17

Well... the Hunger Games came out on DVD today... me, being the obsessive Hunger Games fan I am, bought it today :D I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! I was all pumped up when I wrote this chap, and had to have Eevie's death inspired by Rue... Ariel getting there as soon as it is too late for Eevie is like Katniss getting there as soon as it is too late for Rue. The Flowers too, etc. You all get it, you read it lol. Now, that I just watched the movie, I just have to relate somehow... like with wolfs... ;P you'll all see what I mean soon enough!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I suggest that we should leave so Eevie's body can be taken back to Seven, I understand why Larr looks like he might hit me. I would want to shoot him with and arrow if he was the one to suggest it. Suddenly, I see images flash threw my head of my mother's game. Rue getting speared by the boy from District One, Marvel. She covered Rue in flowers. Of course, my mother didn't have to stab her ally. I want you to seem, similar, I remember my dads words before my interview with Cesar Flickerman.

I putt Eevie's hair out the ponytail she  put it in, and fix it into a beautiful style, I go and gather a bunch of small color full flowers and weave them into her hair, along with a few strands of long, green grass. I pick a couple of larger flowers and cover all five wounds with them. I decorate the rest of her body with flowers, Larr helps me outline her body with them.

"Im really sorry that I let this happen..." I whisper as I put down the final flower. I look at him in the eyes, but let them drop almost immediately.

"Was the dream you had about me?" Larr asks. I look at his hands, playing with a knife he found stuck in the ground. Probably Kalinna's. His pale skin makes his hand look pure white with most of it covered in blood. I stay silent as I look at Eevie. "Ariel?"

I take a deep breath, "Yea, it was. That's why I suggested to split up.didn't I  know if I could trust you." I pause for a second and look at him, "I know I can trust you though. You believed me almost right away when I said it wasn't me that killed Eevie. I'm sorry, its all my fault Eevie died." I admit.

"I understand Ariel. I wasn't sure if I could trust any of you until recently. When Cato cried about Elphelbie, Bin saved me from Zane two days ago, and when I heard you yelling to Eevie, I knew I could trust you." He says. I look up at him, his short dark hair, and dark eyes usually make him look very hostile and scary, but he has a slight smile playing on his lips and his eyes are sad, but have a little sparkle in them, he looks very nice, and welcoming. But then they have fear in them.

"What, what's wrong?" I ask. He turns my head and I am staring into Eevie's eyes. "No..." I squeak. I giant furry beast the size of a grizzly bear is standing in front of me. I would never forget anything like this after watching my parents first Hunger Games. It stands there, watching us. Waiting for a movement. It starts to growl and I panic. "Run Thresh, I will distract it. I mean Larr, just run." I position my feet, "Now." Larr stands up and makes a mad dash for the trees. It immediately charges at me, I jump up and climb the tree next to me, lucky that it has easy footholds. When it jumps and cuts open my leg with its sharp claws, I panic. "Bin! Cato! Help me!" I scream without thinking. No! I don't want them here! But within seconds Cato is crashing threw the trees.

He gasps and nearly faints. I know exactly how he feels. I turn around and see the same look of terror in his eyes that must be in mine. The Gamemakers created this same type of mutt years ago for my parents Games. For his uncles. The wolfs killed his uncle though. The light blond wolf, with Eevie's green eyes jumps at me and falls to the ground after cutting up a large branch. The branch falls down and with it.

"Climb higher Ariel!" Cato screams at me. I nod and start climbing a bit more, but the wolf has heard him. It turns around and barks at Cato.

"No! Run Cato! Run!" I scream. Cato turns around and starts running away when he trips on the branch that fell. "Get up! Get up!" But the wolf is already upon him. I quickly turn and start making my way across a large branch that hangs right above them. The wolf bights down on Cato's foot, and starts pulling him, luckily these boots we are wearing a really thick. I doubt that its biting very hard. I grab a bunch of acorns at the giant monster, but that does nothing. My weapons are on the ground and I only have one chance to save Cato.