23

The shine faintly shines through the trees while thousands of raindrops pound down on my freezing skin. I still haven't put on my jacket yet, I just started running away with it firmly grasped in my right hand over my shoulder, swinging wildly behind me. I hear Sein's cannon and I slow down to a jog. I think the seven rabbits and a groosling killed yesterday will hold us off, so I don't bother shooting any animals that I see.

I soon make it out of the wheat field, and I start running again. I slip on the mud and hit my head on a rock. "Owe," I whine to myself. I feel my head and my hand comes back with a little blood on it from my forehead. I sigh and slowly get up and start running again, careful not to slip.

Out of nowhere the rain stops downpouring. It doesn't gradually come to a stop, it just ends. I panic, thinking something is about to attack, so I climb a tree. I sit her and wait for about an hour and nothing comes, so I get down and start walking again. By the time I make it to the cave, I hear Bin yelling at Cato.

"Why'd you let her go? She still isn't back and it's getting dark!" I look up to the sky, and it, indeed is getting dark.

"Calm down Bin, I'm sure she's fine," Cato says, "you heard the cannon. She killed someone."

"Or Sein captured her and killed Zane!" Bin screams. I hear rustling, then the sound of impact.

My eyes widen and I run to the cave, "Stop it guys!" I scream before I reach the cave. Bin's head pops out and he is stumbling towards me with a bloody nose. He hugs me tight and I push him away. "Bin! Cato!" I scream.

"He punched me first!" Cato yells, sounding like a four year old. "He was freaking out, saying that it was my fault that you-"

"I heard all of it!" I shout at Bin. "Why would it be Cato's fault? You couldn't stop me from running! How could he?" I lift my hands up in the air, "And thank you so much for caring if I am alright or not! Because I'm not!" I yell before turning and walking away. I walk quickly, but I feel tension filling my body, and I really want to scream, so I start running, following the river. I am covered in mud from slipping, so I just sit in the water when I decide to stop running. I take out my hair and lay my head down in the water and gently start washing away all the mud. Cato soon makes an appearance.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry," he tells me. "Bin says it was a bad idea to follow you right now, but I ignored him."

"I'm more mad at Bin right now than you," I say as I sit up, "I'm mad at Bin for hitting you, and I'm mad at you for leaving."

"I thought he was going to die," Cato whispers when he sits down on a rock.

"And that's why you never came and helped me. You wanted him to die," I snap. He doesn't say anything, so I know it's true. I sigh, "I killed Sein."

He looks at me, "You did? Is that why you said you weren't alright?"

"Yea," my voice cracks and I feel my throat stinging. "Not surprisingly, he kidnapped me, but this time he tied me up. He washed me off and changed my bandages and applied burn cream. I tricked him into drinking some of that poison. He sat down next to me with a blanket," I explain what happened. "I was so cold! He didn't have a shirt on, and he had that blanket! He was so warm and I got as close to him as I could! I fell asleep and he woke up screaming at me because I poisoned him. He was so terrifying! So angry! He put a knife to my throat!" I feel tears spill, "So I kissed him, I took the knife, cut the ropes, kissed him more and then I stabbed him! I killed him Cato!"

He reaches out and hugs me tight, "We all have killed someone Ariel."

"But, but, but have you ever tried to kill someone Cato? You usually run into them and kill them defending yourself! I was trying to kill him! I poisoned him!" I cry on his shoulder.