Chapter 4 - Grayson

She's been asleep for two days now and I'm starting to get really worried. Dante and I are so relieved to have finally found our mate but at the same time, she passed out two days ago and still hasn't come round and I hate it.

I know the doctor said that passing out is her body's way of dealing with stress and trauma because judging by her wounds, she has a past she was probably running from, but it still sucks.

I just want to know what happened so that I can fix it. At the very least I just want to know her name.

The doctor also said she will probably have very bad PTSD when she wakes up and that I need to not get upset if she doesn't want to talk to me or tell me things right away. This comment pissed Dante off the most as all he wants is to be able to connect with her wolf.

"Surely she will wake up soon right?" Dante whines, as if on cue.

"I honestly don't know Dante" I reply quietly.

The doors to the room open, drawing me out of my thoughts and Doctor Teresa walks in holding some clothes. She comes over and holds them out to me.

"You need to shower Alpha. You reek of rogue," she says, a gentleness laced in her tone.

"But I don't want to leave her. What if something happens to her?."

"Nothing will happen to her in the ten minutes you are showering. I'll even wait here with her to make sure."

"Are you sure? It can wait till later."

"Yes, I'm sure Alpha Grayson. Plus you're starting to stink out the room. I can smell the dead rogue from your fight earlier and it's not pleasant."

I look down at myself and notice the bloodstains on my knuckles and arms.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll be back in about ten minutes then" I sigh, reluctantly taking the clothes from her hand. I assume that Levi or Bentley must have brought these over for me.

I get up and go into the bathroom connected to the room as Teresa begins to check over my mate again.

As I shower, I watch as the dried blood runs off my body and down the drain. God, the water feels good on my skin. A wave of tiredness hits me as I continue to stand under the water. I really need to get some sleep.

I mentally shake myself before finishing my shower and walking back into the room no more than ten minutes later. I walk back to the chair I was sitting in before and sit back down, watching her lay still in the bed.

She gently starts to stir and instantly Teresa is hovering over her. She doesn't open her eyes yet but I can tell she's starting to come around and so can Teresa.

"Give her time Alpha," Teresa says, looking at me. I nod and continue to watch my mate, waiting for her to wake up.

Teresa continues about her work for a moment. I notice her go to move her stethoscope but accidentally drop it on the floor, causing my mate to flinch ever so slightly. Good to know she can hear us. Teresa gives me a side-eye look before going back to cleaning the equipment and checking the heart rate monitor. At least her heart rate is steady.

I watch as Teresa goes to touch her arm where the I.V. is inserted when suddenly my mate's eyes shoot open and she shuffles back in the bed. Teresa and I both watch her in shock as she casts her eyes straight down to her arm, then up to the bag of fluids and proceeds to rip the needle from her arm. An agonising scream leaves her beautiful lips as blood begins to ooze from the wound.

Shit.

Instantly, Teresa is at her side applying pressure to the area with a worried look on her face.