Chapter 39 - Acacia

"Good morning, Princess" Grayson mind-links huskily, pulling me closer to him, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

I grin, eyes still closed as I trace my fingertips along his arms, causing him to shudder. The bed rocks slightly from the vibration and I crinkle my nose in amusement.

The rest of yesterday had been fairly uneventful after Grayson had come back.

He spent a lot of it cooped up in his office doing paperwork and having meetings while I retreated back into the library to stick my nose in a few books.

"Good morning, Grayson" I reply sleepily. He mumbles something into my ear, the vibrations and warm breath kissing my skin, but I can't make out what he has said. Frowning, I roll over to face him and he smiles at me before kissing me softly.

"I know you wouldn't have been able to make out what I said, but I said I love you, Acacia" he mind-links, tracing my bottom lip with his thumb. I grin and snuggle into him, his arms curling back around my body protectively.

"I love you too, Grayson" I reply, kissing his neck. He moans and stiffens up, causing me to giggle. He rolls his eyes and looks down at me.

"Careful, Princess" he mind links, smugly.

"Careful?" I ask innocently, my eyebrows knitting together.

Without saying anything, he proceeds to take my hand and run it down the front of his body until it reaches his insanely hard cock.

My eyes widen as I stare down at the bulge in his underwear before looking back up at him.

"Oh" I mind-link quietly, a mixture of shock and arousal flowing through me.

"That's your fault. You did that" he smirks before flashing me a beautiful smile.

I blush and slowly remove my hand from his crotch, placing it back on his chest.

His eyes flutter for a moment, changing between him and Dante before he frowns and rolls over to check his phone.

His lips are pressed into a thin line when he finally puts it down, lying flat on his back, rubbing his hands over his face.

The arousal in the air has very quickly disappeared and has been replaced with tension.

"What's wrong?" I mind link him quickly.

He rolls his head over to look at me as I prop myself up on my elbow.

"Nothing," he replies, his expression hardening. He forces out a tiny smile, and I simply roll my eyes at him.

"Fine" I reply curtly before rolling over and getting out of bed.

If he's going to play that game, then so will I.

I begin to walk over to the bathroom door when suddenly, his warm hands clamp down on my shoulders.

"Acacia," he mind links quietly as he turns me around to face him.

"Yes?" I sign.

I look up at him and for the first time ever, he looks nervous. Why would he be nervous? I watch as he battles with himself for a moment before pulling me over to sit down on the couch. I stare at him, unsure of what to do.

"Princess, do you know what tonight is?" Grayson signs carefully.

I look at him confused and shake my head.

"It's a full moon."

Oh shit.

My eyes widen at his statement as I realise what he is trying to imply. With everything going on, I had completely forgotten about the whole Luna thing.