PART TWO: Chapter 4 - Acacia

Stupid parents. Why did my father have to react the way he did?

I sigh and stare out the window as we race down the highway. Grayson gently rests his hand on my thigh and I begin to relax when he starts to rub his thumb in slow circles on the side of my leg.

I look over at him and suddenly, the damn in my heart finally crumbles and I begin to cry, tears streaming down my face.

Within seconds, my seat belt is undone and I am pulled from my seat and into Grayson's arms and it takes me a moment to realise that he has pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"Tell me what's wrong, Princess?" Grayson says soothingly as he holds me tight.

"W-w-why d-did-d h-h-he h-have t-t-to r-r-re-a-act t-the w-w-way h-h-he d-d-did?" I stutter in between sobs as I grip onto Grayson.

"I don't know, Princess. I'm sorry" he replies quietly. "It was probably because it would have seemed like I was the one who kidnapped you and I think he thought he was trying to protect you."

I continue to cry, letting all the pain and emotions wash over me, as Grayson holds me tight while gently thumbing my lower back.

Eventually, I compose myself and look back up at Grayson who is watching me carefully.

"It will get better, I promise," he says softly before kissing my forehead.

"I hope so" I sign back, with a sad smile.

We sit there in silence for a moment before he carefully lifts me up and places me back into my seat. I watch as he looks out the window, thinking for a moment before looking at me with a soft expression on his face.

"What would you like to do, Princess?" he signs, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Sleep," I sign back weakly. He grins at me, shaking his head and I give him a confused look.

"I meant about this whole situation but sure, we can sleep. It's getting late anyways" he signs before leaning over and kissing me gently.

I melt into the kiss as he deepens it for a moment before breaking away to look at him.

"Maybe we can try again tomorrow?" I sign to him nervously.

"Of course, Princess" Grayson signs back, a smile forming on his face. "We can stay the night in a hotel in the closest human city tonight so we can rest and then we can head back to your family in the morning. Does that sound okay?"

I nod with a small smile as Grayson reaches his hand over and intertwines it with mine.

"Let me just tell the others the plan and then we will head off," he says softly.

"G-g-gr-ra-ay-s-son?" I stutter quietly.

"Yeah?"

"T-t-tha-an-k-k y-y-o-ou," I say, tears prickling behind my eyes again as I give him a small smile.

"Anything for you, my love" he replies huskily before kissing my lips softly.

I smile as he pulls away and I watch as his eyes glaze over and he proceeds to tell Noah and the other guards the plan.

After a moment or so, he looks at me with a warm smile painted on his face.

"To the human city we go," he says aloud and I smile back at him as he turns the engine back on and pulls back out onto the highway, a sad but hopeful feeling settling in my stomach.

_____________________________

Hey Guys,

So I hope you enjoyed that very long-awaited chapter! I'm planning to post the next chapter within the next day or so. So keep a lookout for that!

Thanks for sticking by me through all this and feel free to vote and leave me a comment below letting me know whether you liked this chapter!!

If you feel so inclined, go follow me on my Instagram account @allamy_duffell for a look into my life outside of writing!

Thanks,

- Allamy xx