Chapter Four

”What do you mean?”

“I wasn’t on the phone to Emily. We finished our assignment two days ago.”

“Then why did you…?”

“I had a feeling that you liked Emily from last time she called up and I was just making sure that it was true.” Sarah says, clearly proud of her deduction skills.

“You can’t tell anyone. Especially Emily.”

“Fine, but you have to give me something for it.”

“What?”

“I want you to show this guy at school your powers.”

“I can’t. You know I can’t. I haven’t learnt how to control them. Something bad could happen.”

“Fine then, but you have to put up with Emily and the whole SCHOOL knowing that you have a little school girl crush.”

“NO, you can’t!”

“I will. You know I will”

“Fine.” I say solemnly.

“YES!” Sarah yells in victory.

“Who is this guy anyway?”

“That’s for me to know and for you to impress.”

“And I will but I have to do it when we get back from the holidays. I am going to the Academy for the break.” I say smugly.

“What! Come on.”

“I never said that I wouldn’t do it. You will just have to wait though.”

“Fine. But you had better do it as soon as you can.”

“What’s so important about this guy. Do I know him?”

“I don’t know. He’s in my year.”

“That’s only one year above me.”

“So you don’t know him?”

“I don’t know, you haven’t told me who he is.”

“And I won’t.”

“Please.”

“Nope, besides it’s not like it matters.”

“I’m your brother, you can trust me. It does matter. To me.” I say looking at Sarah with puppy dog eyes.

“You’re lying.”

“No I’m not.”

“Please, I have known you for all your life. I know when you’re lying.”

“Just tell me.”

“No.”

“Why not.”

“Because I’m older and I make the rules.”

“You’re only one year older and you do not.”

“Yes I do, now get out of my room.”

“Fine.” I say heatedly as I knew that I’d lost the fight.

I stomp back to my room in anger and slam the door (or at least try to, I’m pretty weak and my door has door stoppers). I pick my guitar back up and start practicing my song. It calms me and eventually I fall back and hold my guitar on my chest, looking up at the ceiling. It is true. I do like Emily (if you haven’t realised that already in this book then what have you been reading?) but whether or not she likes me back is still a mystery.

I reach the stage of boredom when you start to go through your phone. I get to my missed calls and see a number that I don’t know. It left a message when I did not answer the call. I listen to the message that was left and to my surprise it is from Emily. “Hi Ash, it’s Emily. Sarah gave me your number. I was wondering if you wanted to, maybe if it’s okay, go out somewhere with me. Obviously if it’s okay with you but, call me back?” I immediately add the number into my contacts and call her back. It was the longest 5 seconds of my life waiting for Emily to pick up. I began to think that she wouldn’t, when I hear her answer.

“Hi Ash”

“Hi Emily, I got your message.”

“Oh. What do you think?” Emily says slowly.

“I would like to.”

“Really? Oh yay, I was thinking that you would say no when you didn’t call me back.”

“Where would you like to go?”

“Wherever you want.”

“I don’t mind but I was thinking we could go see a movie.”

“Great! I’ll choose.”

“Okay, I guess I’ll see you on Saturday.”

“Alright, see you then.”

“Bye.”

“Bye Ash.”

I could hear Emily’s smile when she talked. This was the single most happiest moment of my life.

{A\N}

The romance! <3

- chookyj