Chapter Six

I can see my mum entering the car park. She unlocks the car and we get in.

We arrive home after dropping Emily off and I go up to my room. I play my playlist that consists of can you feel my heart, product of a murderer, the final episode, if you can’t hang, bulls in the Bronx and others. Sarah storms into my room.

“I can hear your music Ash!” Sarah yells.

“You’re welcome” I say smugly.

“Argh!” Sarah storms back to her room.

I look at my door blankly not exactly understanding what just happened. The room starts to go dark. Soon everything turns black. I stand up, alone.

Ash” Someone hisses.

“Who are you?” I say.

I am you

“What? No you’re not, I’m me.”

Are you sure?

“Who are you?” I say again

“I am your power.

I look around trying to find someone.

“Show yourself!”

Ash.”

I walk backwards to get away from the voice.

You can’t leave Ash. This is your home now. With me.

“Who are you? Go away.”

I trip on something behind my foot and fall backwards. The fall allows me to see my surroundings. What was once my bedroom is now an empty black space.

There’s no point struggling, there’s nowhere to go.”

“Leave me alone.”

I can’t, I am you.”

“No you’re not!” I yell as I stand up. “Show yourself!”

You don’t want to see me. I’m just you, in your full potential state.

“What do you mean ‘full potential state’? Who are you!”

Ash.” The voice hisses again and I can see something coming towards me. Suddenly a hideous creature comes out of the shadows and towers over me. It is black with spikes coming out of its back along its spine. It has sharp teeth that are kept in a permanent creepy smile and big, empty yellow eyes. I scream and fall backwards as it gets closer to me. Soon it is standing over me and looking down at me. “Ash, you don’t have to be afraid.

“Get away from me.”

Didn’t you say that you wanted to see me?”

I soon realise that this is true and crawl back from under it and stand up.

“What do you want?”

I want you to leave.”

“Leave?”

Make way for me.”

“What do you mean?”                                                        

The creature starts to shrink. The spikes melt back into its spine and it soon looks like… me.

“Why, how did you?”

I told you Ash. I am you. At your full potential.”

He starts to move towards me. His jaw opens and a piercing sounds starts ringing through the space. It hurts my head extremely. I fall onto my knees covering my ears. It laughs as the sound stops around me but continues to ring through my head. The creature steps around me and starts to walk away. I grab it’s leg and pull myself up. It turns to me and hisses then tries to bite me. I punch it in the face (It was a really sissy punch) and it wriggles its nose. I kick it in the chest (not so sissy) and It stumbles backwards. I then kick it again and this time it falls down. It gets up and makes the piercing noise again and I hold my head. I tell myself that this isn’t real. It’s just a dream.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder

“Ash?”

I open my eyes to see my mother sitting on the floor of my room in front of me. she is holding me. I look up to see my dad’s hand on my shoulder.

“Ash sweetie. Are you okay?”

I look around. My furniture has been kicked over and my clothes are everywhere.

“What happened?” I ask.

“You went crazy. You started talking to yourself and kicking your furniture.” Sarah says appearing from out of nowhere.

“But… There was…” I mumble. I feel a sharp pain in my head causing me to hold it.

“Honey?” My mum says worriedly.

“I’m fine. Just tired.”

My mum pulls me up and puts me on my bed.

“You should rest for a while sweetie.”

I look at my room.

“I would like to go to the academy as soon as possible mum.”

She looks at my dad and back at me.

“As you wish.”

My family leaves my room closing the door on exit leaving me to myself.

{A\N}

For the creature I was going for something like Ryuk from Deathnote so yeah, sorry if my description really sucked.

- chookyj