Chapter Eight

I quickly get ready for school because I’m eager to introduce Olly to my new group. I run out the door and to the bus stop. I pull out my phone and start texting Olly on the new number he gave me. ‘Get to school early. I want to introduce you guys.’ I send to my group and Olly.

The bus comes and I am getting hot. I pull off my blazer and open the window. I can smell a burning smell and look down at the seat. The material is turning red. I quickly stand up and walk out of the seat. The material cools and turns back to normal. I look around to see if anyone saw. No one did. It’s okay.

I get to school and can see Olly. His neatly combed blonde hair stands out in the sea of brown and black. His shirt is tucked in and his clothes are ironed.

“Olly!” I say running into the school.

He turns around and this time I make sure not to slap him. I mess up his hair a bit then pull out his shirt.

“You’re in Australia, don’t dress like that or they’ll think you are gay. Come with me. I will show you to my group.”

We walk and I say bright red hair come around the corner.

“Ash!” Emily says as she runs up to me. “Who’s this?”

“Meet my Best friend from primary school, Olly.”

“Wow! Hi.”

“Hello.” Olly says with a wave.

“She’s my girlfriend.” I say proudly.

“Really?” Olly asks. “But she’s pretty.”

I nudge him as Emily laughs then pull him away.

As we walk towards my group I remember something.

‘Olly, there is a girl that I think you’re going to like.”

“Really? What’s her name?”

“Holly.”

“Come on, I’m not that narcissistic… Holly is a good name though.”

“Although, she did call me emo scum on Saturday.”

“You do look a bit more emo than you did seven years ago.”

“My hair is naturally black and I want a haircut but my mum doesn’t have the money.”

“If you did get a haircut how would you get it?”

I think about my answer for a while and then realise that I would get flippy hair.

“Okay, but that still doesn’t make me an emo.”

“I like the sound of this girl already.”

We get to my group’s normal spot around the LOTE and SOCE departments and I introduce Olly. Alex is the last to be introduced because he is just as emo as me and quite possibly more.

“And this is Alex…” I introduce.

“Hi.’ Alex replies

Olly looks at me blankly. “Where’s Holly?”

“She comes and goes.” I reply looking around for her.

And that’s when I see familiar curly hair and a weird gallop thing.

“She’s here.” I sigh.

“Who’s this?” Holly says. “He looks like Bertie.” She whispers to me.

“I’m Olly, Ash’s old friend from primary school. I just got back from England.”

“And he’s British! *dead*”

“I’m not British but I did acquire an accent.”

“And you aren’t emo. What music do you like?”

“Preferably the Beatles.”

Holly looks at me as if to say ‘thankyou for introducing me’. and gallops off.

“What a specimen.” Olly says adoringly.

“You’re such I dork.” I say giving him a nudge. “Do you have your timetable yet?”

“Yeah. Wanna see?”

“Yes please, I want to see if we have any classes together.”

He pulls his diary out and gives me his timetable.

“Alright! We have maths and science together!” I say excitedly. “I hate the people I sit near in those classes, I could use a friend.”

“That’s weird to hear you say.” Alex says laughing. “You are normally an antisocial loner.”

“Hey! I have friends…”

“Yeah, yeah.” Alex says rolling his eyes.

Olly looks up at me and laughs.

“An antisocial loner huh?” He says still looking at me smiling. I nudge him and we go sit down in the group.

{A/N}

Alright, so that's done. Now for the next chapter.

- chookyj