Chapter Seventeen

After being nagged for over two weeks about showing the mystery guy my power I finally gave in. I still didn't have control over my powers but I had a plan.

"Come on! Slow poke." Sarah dragged me towards her group with me bidding farewells to Emily. "Okay, show him." Sarah pushed me towards a rather big guy. I mean, if we were in 'Merica then he would definately be a jock. I bumped into his back and stiffened.

"Uh... uh..." I backed away slowly when he didn't notice.

"Oh no you don't." Sarah pushed me back towards him. "Brad doesn't bite."

On hearing his name, Brad spun around.

"Who's this runt?" He scoffed.

"Ugh. Sarah actually likes this douche?" I thought as I made a disgusted face.

"What's his problem?"

"He's my brother, Ash. He has something to show you." Sarah changed her voice to sound more, "Angelic" in her eyes. She sounds stupid to me, like a needy slut. Hahaha.. Sorry Sarah, but you do.

"Show me? I don't have those preferences."

"So he's a homophobe too" I don't want to do anything for this prick.

"It's not that." Sarah laughed. "Show him." She looked down at me. "He has fire powers." She smiled at Brad.

"Huh?" He scoffed. "Well, show us then." The rest of the group seemed to join us.

I reached into my pocket until I felt the small box and smiled.

"What's so funny?" I bet he thought he sounded intimidating.

"Nothing, though, you might want to step back."

He had both a look of shock and terror come across his face when I said that and took a large step back. I reached into the box and found the thing I was searching for.

"Ready?" I smirked.

The group nodded and I got in a stance then quickly pulled the stick along the strip of the box, lighting the match and holding it in front of me in one quick swoop.

"Ta daa."

"What! What kind of a dumb stunt is this?" Brad stepped forward and put out the little fire at the end of the matchstick.

"Ash!" Sarah pulled me away. "How could you embarrass me like that?!"

Before I could reply I was interupted by a yelp come from behind me.

"He's on FIRE!!!!"

I turned around to see a large strip of fire come up my side from where I pulled the match out of my pocket.

"What?" I stepped back.

"Quick! Put it out!!" Sarah screamed.

I placed my hand on the fire and the fire immediately was sucked into it. "Huh. I didn't know I could obsorb fire too. Cool" I thought.

Brad took a worried step away from me.

"What the fuck!!? Didn't you feel anything."

I shook my head, as I actually didn't.

Brad looked over at Sarah who was just as shocked as he was. I was uncomfortable with all of the sudden attention that I was recieving because of my little stunt and so I took off towards my group.

"Ash! Wait." Sarah yelled.

I finally reached the group and walked up to Emily.

"I'm back." I smiled.