122. Nolan (part 2)

You show him another way

...

Gabe joined them.

"Nolan please." I begged.
"I'm sorry (Y/N) but I'm a hunter now."
"You chose the side of the monsters." I said.

Gabe shot at me but I dodged it. The wall fell apart and made a wall of smoke in which I could disappear. I ran but somehow Nolan caught up with me.

"Nolan don't."I tried.
"I have no choice. They'll kill me."
"We can protect you."
"No not from them. They rule under the motto: kill or be killed. I never wanted any of this. I just wanted to expose them." Nolan said.
"Put down the crossbow we'll figure it out." I hushed.

I stepped closer. I know he wouldn't kill me. I took the crossbow. Nolan sat down and had tears in his eyes. I had to help him.

"Nolan did you know we have a saying too?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Our motto was invented by my sister: We protect those who cannot protect themselves. We can protect you."
"Why would you I'm dangerous. I'm the bad guy." He sighed.
"You're not the bad guy, Nolan. You wanted the world to know all its secrets. You never signed up to kill." I said.
"I'm sorry." He sighed.
"I like you but you got to make a choice now. Go with me and we can and will protect or stay with Gerard and die." I said.

I held out my hand. Nolan looked up. He took my hand and I smiled. I pulled him along. Nolan pulled me behind a wall and kissed me. I was shocked and looked over his shoulder and saw a random guy. Nolan and I were making out.

"Hey." The guy said.

I spun out and knocked the guy unconscious. I blushed as I looked at Nolan.

"That was smart." I said.
"Yeah it was totally part of the plan um." Nolan walked away.

I sensed the lie and pulled him back in for a kiss.

"Why did you do that?"
"Because. I like you, I even love you. Not that I expect anything back I mean why would you pick a girl that rambles a lot like you're listening to now. I mean." I rambled.

His lips shut me up.

"Thanks." I blushed.
"When this is all over will you go out with me?" He asked.
"If we both make it out alive I would love to."
"Deal." Nolan smiled.
"If you want to survive, you need some kind of weapon. Can you shoot a gun?" I asked.
"I don't think I want to."
"If a wolf attacks you shoot in the air no one will get hurt and if it's Gabe or Monroe use this by pressing play and cover your ears, but whatever you do don't use it around a wolf it'll hurt them." I said and gave him a recorder.
"What if it's Gerard?" Nolan asked.
"Run as fast as you can." I said.
"Like right now?" Nolan asked.

I looked behind me and saw Gerard. I aimed an arrow at him and backed away slowly. Nolan ran away like I told him to.

"What's wrong? I'm your grandfather." He said.
"You've murdered way too many innocent people." I said.
"They are wolves not innocent."
"We used to have a code that killed the killers my friends have no blood on their hands, none. If you want them dead you'll have to kill me." I said.
"Don't bring arrows to a gunfight." He said and pulled out a gun.

I shot the arrow scraping just next to his head.

"You missed. On purpose. I'm impressed, but now it's my turn." Gerard said.

I hit behind a wall and got out an arrow with sleeping potion. I was shaking.

"I can feel your fear." He said.

I aimed but he hit it with his gun. Now I was left with one option and that was kill him. Nolan threw the recorder on the floor and took my hand. A high pitch scream sounded through the tunnels.

"Run!" I shouted and we arrived at the car where Theo and Liam were waiting.
"What is he doing here."
"Go or you'll be deaf." I said.

Theo drove away as fast as he could.

"Explain please." Liam said.
"Nolan saved my life twice. We have to protect him. He can help us find Mason."
"Like you thought Gabe would help us?" Theo said.
"Gabe knows stuff but has an ego that stops him from telling us." I sighed.
"She's right." Nolan said.
"You know where they are keeping him?" I asked.
"I heard them talking and I'm not sure but I heard him talk about a cabin in the woods." Nolan said.
"The hale house." I said.
"What if it's a trap?" Liam asked.
"Still got that gun?" I asked Nolan.
"Yes."
"You two hide. Nolan and I are getting him out of there." I said.
"Mason is my best friend I'm not leaving him there."
"You're covering us." I said.

Theo talked some sense into him and Nolan and I snook into the Hale house. I saw Mason and smiled.Nolan stopped me.

"This is too easy there has to be some kind of trap." Nolan said.
"Yes I'm here." Monroe said.

She stood in front of Mason.

"Don't shoot if she dodges, you hit him." I said.
"I can't defend myself." Nolan said.
"Try to find away around I'll distract her."

Monroe and I fought and we were equally strong. Nolan got Mason out. Liam hugged Mason and helped him in the car. Monroe got out a knife and stabbed me. I fell on my knees. I looked at her.

"You should've joined us." Monroe said.
"I'm tying to keep everyone alive." I said.
"You should've tried harder." She smiled and got out her gun.

Mason, Liam and Theo heard 2 shots. Theo looked at Liam. Nolan carried out my small figure.

"Is she alive?" Theo asked.
"She's hurt but Monroe is no longer a problem." Nolan sighed.
"Thank you." Theo smiled.
"We have to get to the hospital." Liam said.
"Let's go." Theo said.

I woke up to a lot of noise like a fight.

"He's the bad guy!" Scott shouted.
"He helped us save Mason!"
"He kidnapped him first!" Scott argued.
"He saved (Y/N)." Theo said.
"Nolan?" I mumbled and opened my eyes slowly.
"Hey." Nolan said.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"No problem." He smiled.

I tried to sit up and looked at my friends. they were all there. Mason was asleep but Corey was looking after him.

"Nolan you saved 3 lives today. I'm so proud of you." I smiled.
"3?"
"If it wasn't for you Monroe wouldn't be the only dead one." I said.
"No problem you showed me a way." Nolan smiled.

I pulled him in for a kiss and smiled. Scott saw Nolan had changed and admitted he was wrong.

...

Requested by sMoL_nOoDleee Hope you like the second part of it :)