Brett Requested

Brett finally talks to you after you kissed

...

Brett and I were at a party. I had no clue who's it was but he dragged me here and since he's one of my best friends I let him. The party wasn't really fun.

"So uhm this is a cool party." I lied.
"Yeah you can stop lying, I know this party blows." Brett smiled.
"See the fact that you're a walking detector isn't fair. I can never lie to you."
"Why would you?" Brett smirk.
"To hide a secret. We all have secrets." I said.
"Oh really what is that secret?" Brett asked with his annoyingly adorable smirk plastered on his face.
"I'm not telling you." I said.
"Okay I'll guess." He said.
"No you won't."
"Give me 2 yes or no questions." Brett smiled.
"No." I said.
"Come on Abby you're no fun." He sighed.
"Fine 2 yes or no questions."
"Do you have a crush on someone?"
"Seriously that's your first question?" I asked.
"I'll take that as a yes." Brett smirked.
"Stop it." I laughed.
"No I have one more question." Brett smiled.
"Okay fire away."
"Abby, you are an open book I can almost smell your crush from miles away." Brett smirked.
"Okay guess I dare you." I smiled.
"Liam obviously."
"Dunbar? No thanks."
"What? No? But you get all nervous around him."
"That's because he knows who my crush is."
"What Dunbar knows?"
"Yes."
"How come that I don't?"
"I'm pretty sure that's not a yes or no question." I said.
"Abby?" Brett asked.
"I like you Brett. You're the crush." I said.

Brett looked shocked. I stood on my toes and kissed him. His hands rested on my waist. Brett pulled away and ran off. I haven't heard from his since. I've been trying to talk to Brett all week now, but he was good at avoiding me and ignoring my messages. I really needed to talk to him about our kiss. I was scared that I messed up.

"You know Abby, sneaking up to people isn't nice." Brett says his back facing me.
"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked.
"I wouldn't call it ignoring, I would prefer calling it avoiding." He said and turned to me.
"Alright. Why are you avoiding me?" I asked.
"Well you see um." He was nervous.

I took a step closer crossing my arms. I thought about our kiss and grew insecure.

"Look if this avoiding started because I kissed you. Don't please, just forget it ever happened and I promise you I will too." I said.
"No please don't ever forget about that, please." Brett said and took my hands.
"Why are you ignoring me or avoiding me all week? Is it something I did? Is it something I said? I've been thinking about every single detail that I could've done wrong. I'm sorry if I did I can't lose you Brett." I cried.

Brett hugged me tight.

"I'll never leave you." Brett hushed and kissed the top of my head.
"Just tell me why Brett." I sobbed.
"I'm not safe to be around and the fewer people that know that I like you the better I promise you if I could I would be with you, but please trust me on this one." He hushed.
"I trust you."
"Just so you know that kiss was the best thing that happened to me." Brett confessed.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah." He smiled.
"Good, because there is no one here right now I can do this." I smiled and kissed him again.