Birthdays

Scott's p.o.v.

So it was almost Mitchy's birthday, and I really wanted to give him something cool. Look, he has been so sweet to me and he always cheers me up so I really wanted to do something in return.

Anyways, no matter what it was, I wanted it to be a suprise. But how do you know if someone likes something, if it has to be a suprise?

I had this really cool thing in mind that I wanted to give, so I just secretly asked him if he'd like it.

"Hey, Mitchy, have you seen that you can now buy the new spongebob movie?" I looked excited at him.

"Yeah" He simply said. I decided to ask some furthur.

"What do you think of it?" He finally looked up from his phone, but his expressions didn't gave much away.

"If you want to buy it, you can. I just think every spongebob movie is kind of the same concept. And we already have so much.."

I was actually kinda hurt he said that. Maybe I had to come up with something else.

"Okay. I wasn't planning on buying it anyways." He looked down at his phone again. I got to my room to look for something else.

Okay, what does he love? Rihanna, clothes, Spongebob,...

There must be something he'd like to get. If only I could find out what it was..

Hours flew by, and I was kinda tired, so I went to sleep.

The next day I woke up with a lot of new ideas. I had a lot of new hope, but it soon faded into plain pain.

Every time I begun about something I'd think he'd like, I got an answer like "It's way too expensive" or "Yeah, it's cute, but I'd never wear it."

I was honestly so hopeless, but I decided to try just one last time.

"Mitch, what do you think of-" I was roughly cut off by momy.

"Scott, really. Why do you keep asking me my opinion on things. I'm getting really anoyed you know!" I was SO angry he just said that.

"MITCH I am trying to be NICE here you know?! I'm trying to get YOU a cool birthday present, BUT YOU KEEP ON DITCHING ME!"

I felt a tear rolling down my cheeck, and one more, and one more. It was like to waterfalls suddenly were created by a hurricane.

A hand softly landed on my shoulder. Mitch's hand.

"I'm sorry Scott..I didn't know what-..I'm sorry" My breathing became a little slower.

"You know" Still with my head between my knees, I started talking. " I was going through all the things that I'd thought you'd like. But every single thing, it wasn't enough. I thought of Rihanna, Beyonce, Wyatt, Spongebob, Clothing-" Mitch stopped me.

"Scott..out of all those things you forgot one, really important thing" I looked up at him, a bit puzzeled.

He smiled. "You! You idiot."

I chuckeled. How could I forget the one thing so obvious?

"All I want is you!" He kissed my forehead. "Love isn't for sale"